Post-Game Talk: Canucks @ Hawks: We won in Shootout!?!? 3-2 (Kassian, Daniel, Kesler)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Lack could be parlayed into another top 5-10 pick at some point if we get stuck with Luongo.

Kid has the talent. If he puts up results behind it...look out. This is why you don't sign any goalie to a 5+ year deal.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Wow just noticed we beat the hawks rolling 3 lines. Sestito, Weise, Welsh all got only 3.5 minutes of ice time. Alberts actually played 15 minutes.

Now imagine if we rolled four lines? We'd be the #1 team in the league :sarcasm:

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
tumblr_my56dyJTkE1qeuj9vo4_250.gif

Hank got rejected big time.

Shorthander

Apr 2, 2011
Can't believe Torts was so arrogant that we'd win the shootout that he trotted out the Sedins and the 4th line just to drag it out longer. Classless

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
That's how much he trusts Lack to make the saves in the shootout.

Wait, could this be another goalie controversy? :sarcasm:

oh lawd, some tool on team 1040 after the game was talking about lack and how we might have to think about who we go with as our #1 (trading Lu in the future). Do some of these people not realize why Luongo is still our goalie and Schneider was the one traded after we tried for over a season to trade Lu? :laugh:

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Yeah I was there too. Really surprised at the atmosphere - felt like a game at Rogers Arena.
For the record, the whole "Canucks games are held in a library" thing is overblown. In addition to Vancouver, I have been to games in:

Montreal
Toronto
Buffalo
Long Island
Ottawa
Columbus
Manhattan
Pittsburgh (Crosby era)

The only ones noticeably more boisterous than Vancouver (and granted, it's been a while) were Montreal and Madison Square Garden. The others were comparable or more sedate.

The TV microphones make it seem worse than it is -- they do seem quieter for whatever reason -- but I think a lot of the fans harping on the noise levels in Vancouver may not have much to compare it to.

And for the record, pound-for-pound the most enthusiastic fans I've seen given the product? Fans of the ECHL's former Columbus (GA) Cottonmouths, on the Georgia-Alabama border.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Captain should be celebrating with his teammates, not the coach. IMO, tortz is probably like 'crap, i celebrated too much. better not make this look worse'. Books it to the tunnel.

He proceeded to fist bump every member of the team when they headed to the locker room. Somehow I don't think he's worried about that. :p:

unbridledid

Jun 8, 2011
Nice road game after playing 3 in 4.

I know how excited the Nucks and their fans get when they beat the Hawks... We don't like losing to you that is for sure..

We will see how things go on 1/29/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad