TSN: Canucks, Golden Knights, Hurricanes, and Flames interested in Tyson Barrie

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
If we can flip the assets we get in a Barrie trade for a coveted Top 4 Dman....I dont see why it would be head-scratching.

I dont think you realize just how bad Barrie has been with the Leafs. He's a massive part of our defensive woes

Ya it's crazy how wrong I was when I saw this deal first happen to TO. I honestly thought his point total would be insane.

Very bizzare how bad it has turned out. I guess he just needs a real strong defensive core around him

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Every other team in the league knows this. No one is going to be giving up some of the returns being asked for in this thread so the leafs can turn around and flip those assets for a better dman.

Well yeah I think thats why they're trying lmao.

Other teams still hold Barrie of great value or else they wouldnt be calling the leafs for him. But obviously Dubas isnt gonna give him away for scraps when we're battling for a playoff spot either

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If a team fighting to make the playoffs doesn’t see him as a guy they can win with why is any other playoff team going to trade all those assets for him? Quite a bit you’re expecting in return.
It's not that we can't win with him, it's that he's not a great fit. He's a reasonably high value expiring asset who's greatest strength matches the team's and his weaknesses are magnified. We're literally trying to make a hockey trade here but with an extra step.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Would be deadly to see him in Vegas but obviously they would have to unload salary to TO.

No clue how a deal would look

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
It's not that we can't win with him, it's that he's not a great fit. He's a reasonably high value expiring asset who's greatest strength matches the team's and his weaknesses are magnified. We're literally trying to make a hockey trade here but with an extra step.

Mighty big risk for a team acquiring Barrie to take paying these prices in the hopes that he will bounce back. There’s not much time after the deadline for him to fit into a new system.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Toronto finally waving the white flag and are sellers? :towel:

Van should just make a minimal offer, otherwise just sign him at no cost of assets in the summer.

Stecher, Juolevi, Bailey

for

Barrie

I think Calgary has the biggest need out of all these teams for a guy like Barrie.
Who says Toronto are sellers? 30 NHL teams are interested in McDavid- that doesn't make Edmonton sellers. Besides, teams would have to give the Leafs a better fit or the parts to get one.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Kadri had the Flames on his NTC (which prevented Brodie from becoming a leaf in the first place.
Yeah but then I heard Brodie heard about the trade and put the leafs on his NTC right after.

All in all, I dont think Calgary is where Barrie ends up

Reactions: Marner4Life

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
Mighty big risk for a team acquiring Barrie to take paying these prices in the hopes that he will bounce back. There’s not much time after the deadline for him to fit into a new system.
Maybe, but according to the report, Carolina is one of the teams that are interested in doing so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad