GDT: Canucks @ Flames, 6:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Loved McGrattan and his salute! You can tell the guy's a genuine team player that will do whatever it takes.

Feels good to have someone that will always be there for you. Maybe this team will stop playing like pansies with Big ern!

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Didn't see this one? Did the Nucks look like a team that just got off a plane two hours prior or did we actually win a good game?

They were all over us for most of the first half, looked like it was going to be a typical flame loss but we pulled through in the second half and it seemed like Van slowly faded as the game went on., Taylor had a few heart attack moments but did enough for the win, and JBo played great against the Sedins.. All in all I think it was a good win, they did outshoot us pretty good.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
They were all over us for most of the first half, looked like it was going to be a typical flame loss but we pulled through in the second half and it seemed like Van slowly faded as the game went on., Taylor had a few heart attack moments but did enough for the win, and JBo played great against the Sedins.. All in all I think it was a good win, they did outshoot us pretty good.

Shots ended up being 31-25 for Van so not as bad as you might think!

Roadrage

Mar 25, 2010
Next door
Yep, Comeau got rotated in on the Cammalleri line every second shift during the latter half of the 2nd.
Sick and tired of this crap, send him down to the AHL if your not going to utilize his blatantly obvious skill.
I didn't see the :sarcasm: smiley so I hope you are joking.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Shots ended up being 31-25 for Van so not as bad as you might think!

My bad, I thought I seen 31-20, but either way you slice it, in a game of Taylor vs Luongo, we won, which is a good damn win in my books

BrodieGoat

May 24, 2012
Tim Jackman without moss or backlund centering him = useless

rather have kept Tom Kostopolous

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Glad to see Jackman getting sat. You can't give 4th liners/goons multi-year contracts; It just makes them too comfortable.

JagrBomber

Oct 8, 2010
Calgary, Canada
I actually ****ing hate the Canucks board. They have a stick up their ass and they think that their team is a Cup contender. **** them. They say we are brutal and all that **** and then they blow it and lose 4-2. I know they flew in late and all that crap but hey, we suck right?

I don't know, just needed to rant and get that off my chest haha. Just a lot for a team to say when they can't even put a cup in their jockstrap.

Shawnofthedeadz

Jan 18, 2013
I actually ****ing hate the Canucks board. They have a stick up their ass and they think that their team is a Cup contender. **** them. They say we are brutal and all that **** and then they blow it and lose 4-2. I know they flew in late and all that crap but hey, we suck right?

I don't know, just needed to rant and get that off my chest haha. Just a lot for a team to say when they can't even put a cup in their jockstrap.

Ignore it, after all they are Canucks fans. They can't take losing very well. They're sore losers, and in my opinion one of, if not the worst franchises for sportsmanship... But I guess that's reflected in their diving team.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica
Ignore it, after all they are Canucks fans. They can't take losing very well. They're sore losers, and in my opinion one of, if not the worst franchises for sportsmanship... But I guess that's reflected in their diving team.
Not to mention it's a team that hasn't won jack shjt. Ugh cant stand them

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

Canucks fans tend to have a hard time dealing with losing as they are convinced they are going to the finals (every year), and to make a point every game we played in Vancouver was on back to back I believe and yet none of us used that as an excuse.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Glad to see Jackman getting sat. You can't give 4th liners/goons multi-year contracts; It just makes them too comfortable.

He's not even a goon anymore. He doesn't like fighting. So he doesn't fight and he can't score goals. What the hell do we have him for again?

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick

Or trophy case for that matter.:laugh:

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
Canucks board is always a good laugh. It's always "if not for this", "if not for that" with Canuck fans. The refs and the league have it out for them and if it's not that then Alain needs to be fired. They are utterly convinced their team contends when they're even softer than us. I don't know about you but I wouldn't want the Sedins anywhere near leadership roles on my team, ever.

Just look at this situation, it's painful to watch, down 2-5 with 3 minutes left and this guy lets little man cheap shot artist Brad Marchand have his way with him. What kind of message does that send. :help:

Last edited:

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net

Oh dude I know. I went over there and almost lost it a few times. That LiquidSnake dude or whatever his name is is the worst. "Iginla smiling like he won the cup lulz" "Oh empty net, Iginla drooling" like whats his obsession with Iggy? Your team is getting spanked, focus on that! Clowns. :facepalm:

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
He's not even a goon anymore. He doesn't like fighting. So he doesn't fight and he can't score goals. What the hell do we have him for again?

Especially this year, when we needed a physical presence ad someone to stick up for the team, where was he?

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I like the new lines. Iggy, Tangs and Cammy all on 3 separate lines is a good idea. They have some great moments together but I find they get predictable.

Cervenka is getting better and is looking faster out there. I think the Flames just need to be patient with him. I think he can still be a 2nd line center. Once Backlund is back then Backlund, Stajan and Cervenka is not a bad top 3. In whatever order.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I like the new lines. Iggy, Tangs and Cammy all on 3 separate lines is a good idea. They have some great moments together but I find they get predictable.

Cervenka is getting better and is looking faster out there. I think the Flames just need to be patient with him. I think he can still be a 2nd line center. Once Backlund is back then Backlund, Stajan and Cervenka is not a bad top 3. In whatever order.

They aren't on three separate lines last nights 5v5 lines were
Hudler - Cervenka - Iginla (****ing loved that line)
Cammy/Tangs - Tangs/Cammy - Sven
Glencross - Stajan - Stempniak

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona

That is a pretty bad top 3 in this conference any way you look at it but with our top 4 D and excellent winger corps we should be able to get by. That's the thing, we should. For some reason this team NEVER plays to their on-paper potential.

I am sure that, given time, Cervenka will be a strong NHL center. I've seen him for a long time and he is a player. He seems to have a pretty good attitude and work ethic in this league as well so I hope the team has a bit of patience with him. It would be a waste to throw him away or let him go for nothing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $150.00