GDT: Canucks @ Flames, 6:00PM on SNET-W and The Fan 960

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
:nucks (11-5-4) are visiting the Dome to play the :flames (7-8-4)

I can't believe it's not Butter!
DGz_Image_Organization_Project-p-28.jpg

Rob Kerr's snowballs

When? 6:00PM
Where? Sportsnet West and The Fan 960
Live Streams: www.atdhe.eu

The projected lines for your Calgary Flames

TBA

Flames Season Leaders
Therapy for Glencross leads the team in goals with seven
Alex Tanguay leads the team in assists with 11
Alex Tanguay leads the team in points with 17 (6G, 11A)

Injured or on Leave
Miikka Kiprusoff (Knee)
Mikael Backlund (Knee)

Scratches
Cory Sarich
St. Lord Anton of Antonlandiaton

The projected lineup for the Vancouver Canucks

TBA

Players to watch (courtesy of the Flames website):

Alex Edler
Leading all skaters in time on ice for the Canucks, Edler is emerging as one of the league’s most dangerous rearguards. He’s among the league’s elite blueliners in production this season and also among the league leaders in blocked shots. The 26-year-old is more than living up to the six-year, $30-million extension signed in January.

Tom Sesito
Plucked off waivers by the Canucks on Thursday, Sestito brings an aggressive tone that he’ll try to implement against the Flames. The six-foot-five, 228-pound firecracker who had seven fighting majors last season will surely be looking for someone to create a spark with and could find that in the recently acquired Brian McGrattan.

David Booth
Returning after a groin injury kept him out for the first 15 games of the season, Booth is slowly getting into the swing of things after scoring 16 goals in 56 games last season. The former 30-goal scorer has averaged just over 12 minutes of action in his five games back and recorded his first point of the season - an assist - against the Kings.

Goaltenders Matchup:
Joey MacDonald (This Season: 3-3-1, 3.03 GAA, .899 SV%)
Corey Schneider (This Season: 6-4-1, 2.65 GAA, .910 SV%)

More Information Before The Game Today:
Danny Taylor, Joey MacDonald and Kipper are all on the ice in practice this morning
Mikael Backlund was at practice this morning
Brian McGrattan is back on the team, decision to come on if he is playing tonight
Looks like Sven will be lining up with Cammy today
The Canucks are coming off a win last night against the Kings
The Canucks are 5-2-2 on the road this season, compared to Calgary's 4-5-2 at home

And finally...

GO :flames GO

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
Throwing Taylor to the wolves after three days of rest? This could only mean one thing:

Tank-Challenger-1-VGD1JEUR3U-1024x768.jpg

Our schedule is looking rough. Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, L.A (twice), followed by Detroit and Nashville. I can't see is winning more than two (maybe three) games out of those seven. Our playoff chances would be pretty much crippled.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Throwing Taylor to the wolves after three days of rest? This could only mean one thing:

Tank-Challenger-1-VGD1JEUR3U-1024x768.jpg

Our schedule is looking rough. Vancouver, San Jose, Anaheim, L.A (twice), followed by Detroit and Nashville. I can't see is winning more than two (maybe three) games out of those seven. Our playoff chances would be pretty much crippled.

I think this image would be more accurate:

Tank_bb432f_273467.jpg

Anyway, anyone have any idea what the lineup is supposed to look like for the game?

M A K A V E L I*

Your tank job is no match for the Canucks playing down to the competition. We won't let you lose.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Might be no game. They are still at canucks airport, stuck.

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I hope you guys appreciate my time and work spent creating this masterful illustration of tank commander Hartley and his lieutenants in their element tonight.

bjhUdl1.jpg

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Your tank job is no match for the Canucks playing down to the competition. We won't let you lose.

We don't need your help to lose, thank you very much :laugh:

Might be no game. They are still at canucks airport, stuck.

What?? Any updates?

I'm guessing the snowstorm here has everything to do with it and it's not going to let up either. I have a feeling this game is as good as cancelled. Not that it'd matter, cause we'd still come out with the same amount of points either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad