Confirmed with Link: Canucks draft Jordan Subban #115 overall (4th Round)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiranis

Jun 10, 2009
Toronto, ON
Well he could be ready soon but I am just saying that because it might just be me, but I like to be safe when it comes to developing players. I know Tortorella can develop young players well but it might just be me, but who knows he can be ready next year. I hope Subban can put on a little bit more height and some weight though before he steps into the NHL.

I think what he was getting at is that it's a stretch to say he'll be ready in 2 years. Now you go and say he might be ready in 1. Chances are he'll actually need 4-5 years, if he ever makes it.

If he was a prospect that could actually step into the NHL in 2 years, he wouldn't be going in the 4th round. I think you're very blinded by the name here. The Norris talk just confirms that.

Hyack57

Aug 6, 2004
Airdrie, AB
Why not see if he convert to LW at some point? Skilled has a great shot can skate imagine him on the forcheck racing into get loose pucks. He very much reminds me of ayoung MSL before he went to Tampa.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
You think a switch to forward could be a possibility? He could still man the point on PPs.
I think its something you keep in the back of your mind if you don't see any progression in the defensive side of his game. He certainly looks like a forward, with the way he is often the 2nd or 3rd man on the rush. He is so active in pinching as well.

But right now, i think you have to let him play out and learn his mistakes, hope for the best like it did for PK.

--------------

Make no mistake Subban is a "big" project, who will not be ready in a year. He'll need multiple years.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
I think what he was getting at is that it's a stretch to say he'll be ready in 2 years. Now you go and say he might be ready in 1. Chances are he'll actually need 4-5 years, if he ever makes it.

If he was a prospect that could actually step into the NHL in 2 years, he wouldn't be going in the 4th round. I think you're very blinded by the name here. The Norris talk just confirms that.

now, i dunno about you, but i like to make sure prospects are ready before they make the jump, so while you want him to start playing in the nhl RIGHT NOW i think he'll need at least one, if not two months of work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad