Confirmed with Link: Canucks draft F Hunter Shinkaruk 24th Overall (1st Round)

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Great pick, Canuck fans.

Enjoy the Calgary product. I wish we took him. Congrats

Jovofan

Apr 26, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Holy hell!! Hunter Shinkaruk is a GREAT pick! Say what you will about the trade but Gillis is killing it with his picks today, Horvat and Shinkaruk is incredible. Hunter reminds me of a Patrick Kane type of player but less of a dbag. Pure skill and can stick handle in a phone booth. Love having an actual sniper in the prospect pool again. :yo:

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Horvat, Shinkaruk and Gaunce could all potentially be on the team Canada world junior team.

That's actually a nice thought. Would love for some of our prospects to get that kind of development. We need more players with championship experience in the junior ranks.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Wow. I'm shocked he fell this far.

Very happy here. A little bit uneasy in the 'what are we missing here...?' sort of sense. How on earth did a kid with those sort of goal scoring instincts fall to us at #24? But really...who cares, this is outstanding.

For the what are we missing here part:

-Rumoured to not have interviewed well by multiple teams. Although, everything i've watched of him, he has come across like a normal kid, no attitude or anything

-He is very under developed physically. Rated below average both for his upper body and lower body. I read something that said some believe he may not be able to add much to that frame.

-Defensive play could be better

Other than those issues, i feel there is absolutely nothing wrong with Hunter. We should be ecstatic to have him in our system.

----------

Per the unofficial combine listings:

Shinkaruk, Hunter: Height 5’10.5″ Weight 172.5 lbs

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Holy hell!! Hunter Shinkaruk is a GREAT pick! Say what you will about the trade but Gillis is killing it with his picks today, Horvat and Shinkaruk is incredible. Hunter reminds me of a Patrick Kane type of player but less of a dbag. Pure skill and can stick handle in a phone booth. Love having an actual sniper in the prospect pool again. :yo:

cliff ronning like. small, smart, scored and turned on a dime and gave you change.

huge*

Horvat and Shinkaruk, two players with high complete levels and clutch in pressure situations. I see a trend.

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Kassian, and Schroeder. I feel a lot better about our future.

Edit. Nvm thought that said Schneider lol

serge2k

Sep 16, 2006
OMG love this pick wat a steal by the Canucks with shinkaruk horvat Jensen and gaunce we r looking pretty good at forward

sorta, but really who on the list has first line potential (and I don't mean if everything goes perfectly, I mean a reasonably good chance)?

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
For those who enjoy the suffering of Flames fans, I thought I would compile a few HF quotes from their fans as they passed on Hunter and watched the Canucks take him...

"If Vancouver takes Hunter I swear..."

"**** sakes. Now the ****ing Canucks get him. **** you. ****"

"Hunter to Vancouver...this day started so well. We will have fun playing against him for the next 10 years. I hate Feaster so much."

"Now we have to deal with him on the ****ing Canucks god damn it FEASTER"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad