Confirmed with Link: Canucks draft F Hunter Shinkaruk 24th Overall (1st Round)

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Extremely happy that Gillis didn't go with a grittier guy like Erne or Hartman. Loving this pick!

Jacob8hockey*

Phil Kessel 2.0. Literally identical from awkwardness, to voice, to looks.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Birth Date: 1994-10-13 Birth Place: Calgary, Alta, Canada
Height: 5-10 Former Team: Medicine Hat (WHL)
Weight: 181
Position: LW
Shinkaruk is a pure goal scorer. He’s boasts an arsenal of stickhandling moves and vision to be an effective playmaker, making him a dual threat offensively. His skating is finely-tuned and he uses a burst to create separation to cut wide on defenders. Shinkaruk enjoyed tremendous chemistry with Etem, and started more slowly in his absence before finding similar chemistry with Curtis Valk, and eventually finished 14th in league scoring. The drawbacks to his game are his size – five-foot-10 and 181 pounds – and commitment to defence.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Great pick. I am shocked CGY didn't snatch him with their 22nd pick. This is a steal no doubt about it but the kid has to live up to his potential. Still, great pick for the club.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Day saved! Im from med hat (now living elsewhere) but incredible goal scorer, cant believe he made it this far!

skg

Jul 29, 2005
Horvat and Shinkaruk, two players with high complete levels and clutch in pressure situations. I see a trend.

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, Corrado, Kassian, and Schroeder. I feel a lot better about our future.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Love it. 5'10.5 could easily turn to 5'11 which isn't that small at all. He's not Jordan Schroeder in terms of size and as long as he plays hard, then his height shouldn't be a factor much.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
From everything I've seen and read the past few days this looks to be a good pick. Schroeder he isn't....significantly bigger frame.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Wow. I'm shocked he fell this far.

Very happy here. A little bit uneasy in the 'what are we missing here...?' sort of sense. How on earth did a kid with those sort of goal scoring instincts fall to us at #24? But really...who cares, this is outstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad