Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Oilers | 8-1 (Boeser[4], Garland, Pettersson, Miller, & Joshua) - It's So Beautiful

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Probably a bit of both?

The next game will be a great challenge for the canucks, and the oilers will be very motivated after being humiliated. A great test for both teams
For me this game was a combination of things. Firstly a terrific first few minutes by Garland. Secondly Boeser scoring goals that were often total flukes (3 of 4 by my count) and our solid goaltending vs. their porous goaltending. Next game should be a lot different.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
IMHO when up by a bunch a prudent coach plays his extra offensive guys on late PP's to see how they do on the PP because if one or two look good there you can always insert them into the PP in case of injury at some further date. I'm pretty sure if the Oilers put out McDrai et al on a PP in the same circumstance and a Canuck were to cheap shot one of them this board would roar with approval...

Anyway

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
For me this game was a combination of things. Firstly a terrific first few minutes by Garland. Secondly Boeser scoring goals that were often total flukes (3 of 4 by my count) and our solid goaltending vs. their porous goaltending. Next game should be a lot different.

3 of 4 were flukes? Lol!

Nothing flukey about getting position in front of the net and banging home loose pucks. Especially the one he batted out of the air.

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
We need to pull a repeat of our start to the 2008/2009 season where we opened with a home and home against Calgary. Curb stomped them 6-0 on home ice, before pulling off a come from behind, 5-4 OT win in Calgary the next game (RIP Pavol Demitra)

I have been telling anyone who will listen that this team gives me 2008-2009 vibes where you get the feeling that the core guys are about to put it all together while doing the little things you need to do as leaders to lift this team out of purgatory - would be super fitting to open the season in the exact same way.

Canuck Luck

Jun 15, 2008
Vancouver
Sorry I shouldn’t paint them all in that picture. But a lot of them shit on Pettersson because of the Jack Hughes comparisons
they are just salty about Pettersson as of now being a better player than Jack Hughes. They cant seem to accept that while Jack may be more flashy and fun to watch, Pettersson is better at both ends of the rink.

theres actually one NJ fan that seems to only post about how bad Pettersson is. Doesn't participate in any conversations about the Devils, only Canucks and Pettersson conversations. Talk about triggered haha. I believe the posters username is Xirix or something of that ilk

Reactions: Indiana and Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
they are just salty about Pettersson as of now being a better player than Jack Hughes. They cant seem to accept that while Jack may be more flashy and fun to watch, Pettersson is better at both ends of the rink.
Pettersson is fun to watch as well, he’s like AI, always making the right decision and moving the play the right way. Plus his shot is a weapon

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
Also, during the Captain ceremony they showed literally every guy who wore the C in Canucks history except a certain bald bastard. The Canucks PR team gets us.

Attached some pics from the game and my son meeting some of the players. It was a great experience. View attachment 751825View attachment 751826View attachment 751827View attachment 751828View attachment 751829View attachment 751830View attachment 751831View attachment 751832View attachment 751833
Oh man, that's awesome. My kid would kill to meet Petey and get his jersey signed - what time did you get there?

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
I thought the EBUG thing was dumb and that playing in a pro sports league isn't a charity.

But whatever.

But mostly I'm gobsmacked by the hypocrisy of being a team that does that and then complains about other teams the way McDavid did last night, as if playing PP1 in a 6-1 game with 15 minutes left was an outrage.
I agree.

But I think Chicago Rape Enablers deserve every slight, real or perceived, coming to them.

feel free to disagree with me on this, i could very well be wrong

but last night didn't feel like a win because edmonton didn't show up or try
it felt like they lost because the other team is simply better than they are despite them having the 2 best players in the world

yea?? nay??
Nah...

McDavid looked pedestrian most of the game. There is your biggest tell.

Also they could not get a save.

Reactions: Indiana

unicornBLOOD

Mar 18, 2022
you guys absolutely stomped us, outplayed us in every aspect of the game. I'd like to say I'm sure it was a one off, that tonight will be different, but I'm not sure. that was the kind of beating, one doesn't forget.

mriswith

Oct 12, 2011
Sorry I shouldn’t paint them all in that picture. But a lot of them shit on Pettersson because of the Jack Hughes comparisons
They've spent the last couple years completely invested in arguing that Hischier > Pettersson, so imagine their anger and surprise when they land a Hughes level talent and Pettersson's still better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad