Post-Game Talk: Canucks defeat Oilers | 8-1 (Boeser[4], Garland, Pettersson, Miller, & Joshua) - It's So Beautiful

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
We memed on it but the new slogan seems to have the boys all fired up.

ComeOnLetsGo-1024x508.png

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
My dad is a Flames fan and we always watched those season openers together and a lot of their other games during the season. Those prime Sedin era Canucks, like, didn't lose at all against Calgary for years, right? That was pretty enjoyable

That Rypien beatdown of Prust was legendary. I had just got myself an hi-def TV and a PVR for the first time and we watched Prust's helmet bounce around in slow motion a few times.

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
My favorite Rypien moment has always been this one:

God, he was a surgeon when he dropped the gloves. My favorite Rypien moment was when rookie Eric Johnson started to get into it in the corner with Rypien and Rypien was like "oh yeah, you actually want to fight me??" BJ Crombeen came flying in a bear hugged Rypien to the ice. Canucks got a PP on the play and they cut to Johnson and Crombeen in the box and Johnson looked like he was asking "why did you do that?" and Crombeen was just staring straight ahead, shaking his head like he was thinking "kid, you have no idea how badly you almost f***ed up there."

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Yeah, they were blowing out Chicago and the Hawks had to stand around and watch while they made a big thing out of changing goalies with a couple minutes left and then were all laughing like it was a big joke at the end of the game.
Lol Blackhawks can afford some payback now

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
Enjoy it while it lasts folks. :laugh:

View attachment 751745
Has anyone else noticed something changed where goals isn’t the “tie-breaker” for points? Or does anyone know their new sorting method? I found this kinda strange, seeing EP first and listed as the NHL points leader.

In the past or on eliteprospects (what I generally use for plain stats), Boeser would be first based on the goals “tie-breaker”.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Has anyone else noticed something changed where goals isn’t the “tie-breaker” for points? I found this kinda strange, seeing EP first and listed as the NHL points leader.

In the past or on eliteprospects (what I generally use for plain stats), Boeser would be first based on the goals “tie-breaker”.

It's still goals. Jagr got the '95 Art Ross over Lindros based on this and Dionne got the '80 Art Ross over Gretzky the same way.

NHL.com, not surprisingly, is wrong.

Another Empty Netter

Jan 14, 2011
Keep in mind also that this is the same team that had a 'let's play the EBUG to give him a special moment' party against Chicago last year when they were up 7-2 which is one of the most disrespectful things I've ever seen.
Do y'all think this is disrespectful for real? I think it is awesome. I wish is was more common across the league. Don't want to play against the blow-out EBUG? Don't suck. It's competitive sports and something the players have been used to all their lives.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Do y'all think this is disrespectful for real? I think it is awesome. I wish is was more common across the league. Don't want to play against the blow-out EBUG? Don't suck. It's competitive sports and something the players have been used to all their lives.

I thought the EBUG thing was dumb and that playing in a pro sports league isn't a charity.

But whatever.

But mostly I'm gobsmacked by the hypocrisy of being a team that does that and then complains about other teams the way McDavid did last night, as if playing PP1 in a 6-1 game with 15 minutes left was an outrage.

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Ugh. This feels like manufactured controversy, mostly based on Connor McDavid making an awkward comment. I doubt players in either room are going to care at all about it.

That said, it would make perfect sense to rest your starter in a blowout game. In fact, rest all your top players. This kind of thing is standard in other leagues. Why risk injury and tire your players out? Edmonton should have been doing the same thing.

This whole "disrespect" thing in the NHL is ridiculous. Win games, get respect. Simple as that.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Weren't McDavid's comment before it was widely known Demko was seriously down with the flu? Seems somewhat material if he did or did not know that. I doubt he's pulled if he hadn't puked in his mask.

PP1? Meh, who cares. That literally happens all the time.

Reactions: m9

Binder

Nov 7, 2011
feel free to disagree with me on this, i could very well be wrong

but last night didn't feel like a win because edmonton didn't show up or try
it felt like they lost because the other team is simply better than they are despite them having the 2 best players in the world

yea?? nay??

Reactions: Indiana and bh53

lousy

Jul 20, 2004
Calgary
feel free to disagree with me on this, i could very well be wrong

but last night didn't feel like a win because edmonton didn't show up or try
it felt like they lost because the other team is simply better than they are despite them having the 2 best players in the world

yea?? nay??
Probably a bit of both?

The next game will be a great challenge for the canucks, and the oilers will be very motivated after being humiliated. A great test for both teams

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad