Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 6-2 (Pettersson x2, Boeser, Dickinson, Garland, Podkolzin)

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
To be fair we were kinda missing Boeser and EP then.

Your point still stands.
Was thinking back to a point you made earlier re: finding it easier to agree with MS when it was about Benning.

Think that’s going to be the natural evolution with every discussion and every interaction.

Like, the previous eight years were predictable to a tee and 90% of us just knew how f***ing dumb everything was.

When the debates shift to more frequent dives into the nitty gritty of individual players, it ends up being like this. I’ve found myself disagreeing more with posters myself.

Before, the debates on marginal shit was much more infrequent. It was like eight years of circular debates on broader issues.

My mindset has shifted from doom and gloom long-term damage limitation to really trying to think of the best avenue to getting players who can be a part of a winning team and culture rebuild.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Was thinking back to a point you made earlier re: finding it easier to agree with MS when it was about Benning.

Think that’s going to be the natural evolution with every discussion and every interaction.

Like, the previous eight years were predictable to a tee and 90% of us just knew how f***ing dumb everything was.

When the debates shift to more frequent dives into the nitty gritty of individual players, it ends up being like this. I’ve found myself disagreeing more with posters myself.

Before, the debates on marginal shit was much more infrequent. It was like eight years of circular debates on broader issues.

My mindset has shifted from doom and gloom long-term damage limitation to really trying to think of the best avenue to getting players who can be a part of a winning team and culture rebuild.

That all makes sense for sure.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Nov 1, 2011
Podkolzin and garland understand it big time.
And when they don’t have a pass, they Chip it off the glass and out

If Boeser could learn that from those 2 his game would be so much better

Difference is they go win it back after moving it out.

I'm not sure Brock can do that.

Boys played well, evey game is fun, let's keep it going!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Agreed....maybe their most complete game of the year.....absolutely relentless on the puck and frustrated the Stars at every turn.

And what can you can about Podkolzin? He's having an impact on every shift. What's the ceiling for this kid? Whatever it is, it just moved a lot higher.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Petey with 14 points in his last 6 games...11 goals in his last 10. Petey is BACK. The crazy part is, even in games he doesnt put up a lot, like against Arizona he still dominated defensively and impacted the game all over the ice. Man I'm glad they didnt trade the kid like so many people wanted. Hope he comes out next season as hes ending this one. Could easily be a top player.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
This was the most enjoyable game of the season.
Wow. I thought yours would be December 15 comeback against the Blue jackets. Down 0-3 and scoring 4 straight to win it in regulation.

But all factors considered, it makes sense this game was better in your eyes.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
petey boeser garland podzilla stepped up dickinson not bad tonight. without horvat for however long, these guys wanted it more. 6 in a row keep it coming. 5 more games left, chase nashville/dallas for their spots.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
As someone who’s never forgotten Benn and Seguin’s weird, homophobic, misogynistic jokes about the Twins, I whole heartedly endorse this message. That scrap was satisfying in so many ways.
I will just offer that while Benn and Seguin did really piss me off that day, the radio host(S) was probably more guilty. They totally egged the players on. Like Benn and Seguin weren’t offering that themselves.

Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Tyler Myers is +24

When da hell did that happen?
That is extremely surprising to me for some reason
LOLOL

Say wha?
AP_18340733975609-1024x605.jpg

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
They still need a bit of help from other teams, but if they go say 5-1 the last 6 games, that would put them at 96 points. I'm not sure if any team has missed the playoffs with 96 points. (in this format)
Montreal missed with 96 in 2018-2019. That season Columbus was the final WC seed with 98 points. Might be the case in the West this season too.

Reactions: logan5

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Hard to know if we were that good or Dallas was that bad. Just seemed like an uninspired effort by the Stars although Canucks gave them little chance to be much better then were I guess. Seems like whatever the lineup we are going to do well ATM. Certainly getting try and good play up and down the lineup.

Good

Garland - had a sensational game. What a keeper this guy is. Just dominant on so many shifts and pushing others to be better. Has really played well all season in spite of the goal scoring drought. Amazing the way he can, at his size, possess the puck so well.

Pettersson - Talent will out. Any doubts about him occasioned by his early season form have evaporated. Question now is just how good can he be.

Myers - Shows when he is on his game, he is worth his salary. Best defensemen on the ice and showed outstanding range. Clearly outplayed many of the higher rated Stars d-men. Him and OEL are playing at an excellent level

OEL - solid effort. One high end skill he has retained is first pass out of his end. Playing with the kind of maturity you expect and not far off the top form he had a few years ago.

Dermott - thought it was far and away his best game. Moved the puck very well from the back end and really stood up and broke up plays at his line. Covered back for Hunt some in this game

Podkolzin - could he turn out to be a star in this League? Looks like it based on recent play. His improvement has been the biggest development for the team this year. Play in every zone was very good. Among other things this young player has an excellent motor. Had he played like this all year would have been Calder material.

Highmore - puck management was again good. Helped bring Lammikko back to life and led the that line with Lammikko and Lockwood (coming on) to good game. That line probably did the best job in the 3rd in keeping the puck out of their end.

Others

Boeser - made some nice plays but his slowness stood out. Canucks have upped their speed and quick puck movement and Boeser has trouble pushing the play like the rest of the team was. Whether he can gain a step or two to allow the team to play high tempo hockey is open to question. But other players can not be caused to slow their play down to adjust to a slower Boeser.

Hughes - another with some good plays but looks to be still recovering from the flu in terms of play down low in his end. Lacks the agility he usually has to avoid getting into traffic of late. Still play through the neutral was often good.

Schenn - not his greatest game but big that he stepped in when Hughes got nailed. Saw Benn had big welt under his eye which will blacken into a nice black eye over the next couple of days.

Richardson - continues to provide good service to the team as did a lot of the AHL types. Biggest surprise to me is Petan, who looks like he could play in this League.

Got to give the team credit for there no quit attitude and for making this season a lot more fulfilling and exciting than anyone thought they could before Xmas. And who knows where this all leads but fun while it lasts.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Numerous times tonight, the Canucks reminded me of bloodhounds, relentless bloodhounds. It just bagged the Stars, and they ran out of energy. Really helped ease the night for Demko, who'll likely play against Ottawa tomorrow night.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
great game. team just went after the stars and never let up. boudreau has the whole line up playing their best game. even boeser looked engaged. dermott had a noitceable game.

Reactions: Indiana

Fraser28

Jan 13, 2013
petey boeser garland podzilla stepped up dickinson not bad tonight. without horvat for however long, these guys wanted it more. 6 in a row keep it coming. 5 more games left, chase nashville/dallas for their spots.

It won’t be Dallas or Nashville. We’re really chasing LA. Also, it is 6 games left.

Reactions: Indiana and David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad