Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 6-2 (Pettersson x2, Boeser, Dickinson, Garland, Podkolzin)

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Is the game on? Sportsnet is giving me Toronto sports highlights.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Agreed. I actually think Pod-EP-Garland could be a nice trio. But Garland is likely gone this summer. I don’t like Boeser on that line, too many plays die on his stick.
Maybe Sutter than:

Podkolzin Pettersson Sutter

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Why is the start time so demented? Is this a Monday aka non Wednesday tnt double header?

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
At the start of the season I predicted this would be the best team in some years. I was right about some parts. However, I did not realise how bad Green was a coach. The only thing I could specifically identify was that our defence kept collapsing in and giving way to much entry space.

I am so chuffed with the way the team is playing. Go Canucks.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
I have a funny feeling about this game… but can’t tell if it’s good, bad or horrible.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
If the Canucks lose this game in regulation and Boeser is invisible, it probably means this is his last season as a Canuck.

Reactions: Tact

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
If the Canucks lose this game in regulation and Boeser is invisible, it probably means this is his last season as a Canuck.

Realistically not expecting much from someone coming off injury, but it would be amazing if Boeser could be a positive contributor tonight.

Podkolzin is definitely getting more of a chance to shine of late, and it sounds like he's going to see first unit PP duty with Horvat being on the shelf. But that said, Dallas is the least penalized team in the NHL. So this game might be decided at evens.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Realistically not expecting much from someone coming off injury, but it would be amazing if Boeser could be a positive contributor tonight.

Podkolzin is definitely getting more of a chance to shine of late, and it sounds like he's going to see first unit PP duty with Horvat being on the shelf. But that said, Dallas is the least penalized team in the NHL. So this game might be decided at evens.

I'm guessing that he is coming back early because of Bo's injury. I would not expect too much from Brock at all tonight. It's going to be the Demko/EP/Miller show if we win.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I'm guessing that he is coming back early because of Bo's injury. I would not expect too much from Brock at all tonight. It's going to be the Demko/EP/Miller show if we win.
Don't forget Hughes.

An interesting sidebar to watch is whether or not he can catch Lidster for the most points in a season by a Canucks' defensemen. Lidster holds the franchise mark with 63 points. Hughes is currently alone in 3rd place with 58 points. (Dennis Kearns is #2 with 60 in a season)

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Im not a big believer in this team, but i think we easily win this game. Dallas plays a shit defensive style that sucks hard against our own style/our player Personnel.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
So Chiasson elevated to #1 line status and continues on as net presence on #1 PP unit.

Boeser seems to be back and playing with Pettersson and Garland. Seems to be demoted to the 2nd unit PP.

Highmore returning. I've been shouting for a Highmore-Lammikko-Lockwood line for a while so I'm happy to see this get a shot.

While I am happy for the guys to get a chance to play for the playoffs, there's the nagging thought that minutes and roster spots are being given to guys who have no future with the organization (Chiasson, Hunt, and Richardson).

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

Hoglander

I'm Höglander. I can do whatever I want.
Jan 4, 2019
Midtown, New York
I made this a while back, but maybe Green was actually on to something...

Attachments

• GREEN MEME.jpg
    GREEN MEME.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 9

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad