Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 4-1 (Pettersson x2, Horvat, Miller)

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I guess everyone given up on the playoffs except the players. Some close calls but overall thought they were the better team. PK was, except for the last minutes of the last one, excellent.

Good

Pettersson - have to suppose the wrist is all right. Some very good sniping and is PP movement of the puck was much more affirmative. Hope is that through all the trials of this season he is maturing and becoming a excellent two player. Took the Sedins and other very good players awhile and You could see Pettersson following the same path. Have to pay your dues

Garland - at some point all these chances have got to lead to more goals. Goes on creating offensive opportunities almost every shift

Miller - though not totally at the top of his game still a main stay in the win.

Horvat - thought he could have worked a little better with Pettersson, especially on the odd man rushes, but still a positive.

Myers - not pretty but played a ton in every situation and got the job done. Good game on the PK

Hughes - thought it was his best game since the quarantine. Played the top of the PP well and even under pressure did a good defensive job in his end, He consistently took the puck away from Dallas forwards and got it up to the forwards. Seemed to me the Schenn had an off game and Hughes was skating miles to cover for him.

Demko - looked, in the early going, that he was back to coughing up fat rebounds but settled in and made a number of spectacular saves. Don't think he stole this game but he was damn important

Podkolzin - was every where on the ice making plays. Is having terrific end to the year in terms of his checking and puck retrieval. Any idea that his skating might be a problem has absolutely been put to rest. This guy is very legit.

Others

Hunt - say again that he is the most improved player on the team. Starting to get more involved in the play especially in the offensive end.

Dermott - best game so far. Showed a couple of times in this game real speed in getting back to his end and, in general, showed there is good range in his play. Also did a good job in using his stick to knock pucks of opponents sticks. Builds on this effort he'll help moving ahead. If you can get a bona vide NHL defense man for a 3rd you're happy

Lockwood - there was never a doubt that he has NHL skating and he showed it in this game. Will need to show that other parts of his game - most particularly his game sense and anticipation are also NHL caliber. Still has tendency to take himself out of the play by trying to make unnecessary hits.
Looked decent in this game.

Petan - playing much better than expected. The idea of bringing in Lower Mainland boys has worked out somewhat and need to be something the new regime continues.

I don't know if we make the playoffs but this team should be appreciated. Got some heart and soul.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
It’s getting tight. Can’t believe how different the west is from the east lol.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
That he hits 100 or that he asks for 8 figures?
The latter.

I'm sure he and his agent will ask for 8 figures, I just can't see it happening.

At least not here, maybe a team with cap space that has trouble attracting good players will be desperate for him.

IMO guys like Hertl and Zibanejad have set the market for him.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Pavelski falling down in front of the net drawing a penalty? Well, you don't see that more than once or twice a game against the Canucks. I'm super bitter about how that player dives so often and never gets called for it.

Watching the game late :)
But then you get some sweet payback when Petey shoots the puck between Pavelski's legs to score the winning goal. :D

Reactions: kanucks25

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Against all odds and logic the Canucks are hanging in there......Demko was basically unconscious again....and had horse-shoes up the ying yang in the third period. Too bad Vegas came back from an 0-3 deficit in the third period against the Chicago....but that's just the reality of the situation. Rarely are you going to get much help on the out-of-town scoreboard.

And looking at this depleted roster, nothing against players like Chiasson, Petan and Hunt....but these guys are journeyman pros who really don't belong on a team with legit playoff aspirations. Even guys like Lammikko and of course Lockwood are fringe guys at this point.

They're stop-gap players who would probably be stashed on your AHL team for depth on just any other team that's currently above the playoff bar. But with the injuries and lack of organizational depth, they have to play.

Reactions: geebaan

Throwback

Sep 12, 2014
The guys on the radio were commenting Miller seemed banged up and feeling it out on a shift; it definitely showed when I was able to watch afterwards.

Glad to see Demko and Pettersson continuing to shine. Still have pride to play for at least.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
The guys on the radio were commenting Miller seemed banged up and feeling it out on a shift; it definitely showed when I was able to watch afterwards.

Glad to see Demko and Pettersson continuing to shine. Still have pride to play for at least.

Yeah. For sure.

And seemed pouty af too.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
Shorty with a absolute Classic call there too
A08E8B27-2591-49CC-9C19-2C71E7A819BB.jpeg

He hit the post he hit the post I don’t believe it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad