Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 3-1 (Joshua, Boeser, Rathbone)

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
No they do what manager commish commands

giphy.gif

Reactions: Cogburn

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Exactly, don't even need to add Gavrikov or a center we have a gleamy eyed OEL coming back next year and Balls of steel Sutter should be healthy from covid, we can easily win a few games.

Keep doubting my opinion, it works so well

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
A win next game and the Canucks would be .500 on the season... 34-34-5

If they carried their play over the last 10 games into the end of the season, they might finish a respectable .520 or something

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Lmfao umm brock was ahead hey buttman your stripes look bent over ass up

No they do what manager commish commands

This made me snort laugh. Bravo, I didn't think I'd see someone legitimate reply to themselves and disagree.

A win next game and the Canucks would be .500 on the season... 34-34-5

If they carried their play over the last 10 games into the end of the season, they might finish a respectable .520 or something
Nah, that's still 5 below .500.

If they win 6 of the next 7, then we can say they hit 500 somehow, but OTL/SOL are still losses, not matter how the points are calculated.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
This made me snort laugh. Bravo, I didn't think I'd see someone legitimate reply to themselves and disagree.

If they win 6 of the next 7, then we can say they hit 500 somehow, but OTL/SOL are still losses, not matter how the points are calculated.
No. It’s .500. You need to look at it how the only person who matters looks at it. It’s .500 in Vancouver.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
I know this probably doesn’t need to be said, but this one is absolutely devastating for the tank, it literally gives us a very solid shot, having a 0% chance of picking bedard.

What a nightmare that would be
We were never going to be able to draft him so who cares anymore? There will be a good player at pick number 11. Gotta stop listening to media geeks like Drance who have zero clue about sports in general.

dez

Mar 3, 2012
We were never going to be able to draft him so who cares anymore? There will be a good player at pick number 11. Gotta stop listening to media geeks like Drance who have zero clue about sports in general.
There is a huge difference between picking 6 or 7 than 11 or 12. Reading these posts I can't believe people are buying into these garbage time wins... AGAIN. Run it back next year Baldy I'll be here for the Schadenfreude.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC

SOLs are just ties with extra steps.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
You all have a lot more faith than I do in this team

Until they can play this way when games actually matter in October, I wont hold much into these garbage time wins

Every year its the same thing
Just saying that's how they look at the moment. I'm not sure if this good play will carry over to next season, but something feels different about how they are playing right now vs last years Boudreau bump.

Reactions: Indiana

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Just saying that's how they look at the moment. I'm not sure if this good play will carry over to next season, but something feels different about how they are playing right now vs last years Boudreau bump.
The difference between this year and last was last year Demko was bailing us out night after night. Had to perform at Vezina quality goaltending for us to have a chance. This year we are winning on solid positional play. Not running arounds headless while Demko played hockey jesus. Results may look similar but this team is far superior in its execution.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
This end-of-season version of the Canucks is a playoff team in the West.

It makes the start to the season that much more baffling and heartbreaking. I mean look at every aspect of their game right now. Doesn't even seem like the same season.

They have a system and every player knows their role... And it doesn't seem to matter who they play in on the blueline. Rathbone is just the latest plug and play guy from Abbotsford. Heck, even Myers is looking solid these days.

I suppose if they get to .500 with a win tomorrow afternoon in Chicago, then it's a moral victory. But on the flip side, the only 'value' in being a lottery team is the opportunity to draft high in the first round. But that's steadily slipping away.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad