Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 2-0 | Demko Holds the Door

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Exactly. I don’t want to win the Cup for Canada. I want to win to spite Canada.

Yeah. If the Canucks ever win the cup I want the victory speech to include a huge f*** you to HNIC, Ron McLean and the rest of the country.

Like literally shouting f*** YOU Ron McLean, f*** YOU Hockey Night in Canada and f*** YOU Canada.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
I think all this success is straight up Rick Tocchet, it’s crazy to think that our coach is the x-factor. AV left a huge huge hole when he left and it hasn’t been filled until now. Even Bruce although successful for a period wasn’t the answer and it’s kinda crazy that Rutherford and Allvin could see that even when the good times were being had ( the handling of his firing aside ) I think this management knows what they are doing.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Ron McLean calling the Hughes Hronek pair possibly being top 10 d pair. Hughes is 1st in d scoring, and Hronek is tied for second, so they are by far the most productive d pair in the league, and they are air tight defensively. An argument can be made that they are the best d pair in the league.
Ronnie would dance over the body of any canuck he's a loser f . K

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
11 games into the season, and the Canucks are already 12 points ahead of the Edmonton Oilers....and it could be 14 if they find a way to win Monday's game. Let that sink in.

I mean even Reveen or Madame Zelda with the benefit of a crystal ball couldn't have seen that coming. Canucks have allowed just 22 goals--the best defensive record in the Western Conference and lead the entire league in goals-for.

I mean what is happening here? Are they really that good?

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
That second period was the most impressive of the season for me... So bloody clean till the last couple minutes of it...

Completely shut em down and were out working em, skating and passing it around beautifully..clean smooth breakouts.. clean quick decision making with the puck.. such good hockey.

Great goaltending both ways. Playoff feel.. fun game. Such a good result...

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Pettersson - Might have a stronger game defensively this year than offensively - yet still the top scorer in the League. Broke up a ton of plays and very good on the PK.

Yeah that’s surreal, imagine being the top scorer in the league while having your defensive game outshining your offensive game… then your pretty darn good defensively. If he keeps this up it would be scandalous to not give him the Selke. Could this be a Fedorov ‘94-esque season?

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Yeah that’s surreal, imagine being the top scorer in the league while having your defensive game outshining your offensive game… then your pretty darn good defensively. If he keeps this up it would be scandalous to not give him the Selke. Could this be a Fedorov ‘94-esque season?
I don't care that Hughes has played one fewer game, Petey is the top scorer in the league by virtue of having one more goal.

67e50de8-99ba-46f1-bc0f-d6dd7fc4c679_text.gif

9b05095f-e564-45e7-891c-aa49f7f012df_text.gif

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Impressive win, albeit versus a tired team. Score probably flattered Dallas a bit.

No passengers tonight, which is now the norm. So fun to be watching a lunch bucket team for the first time in way too long.

Powerplay keeps generating chances like to tonight, there won't be many 0-fers.

Loving how the team just goes out and plays their game, shift after shift, no matter the score, period, or opposition. Our puck pressure is just ruthless at times.

It's a long season and there will be some valleys, but this high feels good.

Reactions: Indiana and Flik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad