Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Stars - 2-0 | Demko Holds the Door

drax0s

Mar 18, 2014
Vancouver, BC.
It's funny how some posters only come around when the team is doing poorly....
It's funny, I noticed last night that a lot of the media pundits don't have *anything* to offer when the canucks do well either. No insight at all - just "they played really well!". Must be bad for business.

Reactions: DFAC and Indiana

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
It's funny, I noticed last night that a lot of the media pundits don't have *anything* to offer when the canucks do well either. No insight at all - just "they played really well!". Must be bad for business.

Rutherford and Tocchet put the memo out to those NHL media pundits, can’t mess with a fellow OBC member, especially 2 of them.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Have not noticed this.

Who do you follow?

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
I'm watching this on PVR right now. One thing I will say is Demko is in the zone and masking a lot of the issues on defense right now. Game would have been a completely different story last year...So glad to see Demko in elite form again. A goaltender of his calibre can steal playoff series.

D is better than last year but another top 4 Dman would make me feel more at ease!

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
It's this really strange "unsustainable stats" narrative - like, at a certain point you have to say, these are just their stats. This is what they are doing. They aren't beating you because they have had a good stats run, they are beating you because they are playing well.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
stars board has a weird " canucks think they are good. wait till they play vegas" thing going on
meh, I think most here think we're be considered "good" when we somehow obtain another top 4 D. Most (my opinion) think we're just not bad. Doesn't imply that we're in the 'good' category. Depending on injuries, probably better than average (considering goaltending is our ace in the hole).

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Vegas and Boston are elite. We are in a tier below them with the likes of the Rangers and Stars, but we have more to prove than those teams. I am happy for teams (I don't care about fans) underestimating the Canucks, but also think we need to get another top 4 D to really solidify our position.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
20231105_135241.jpg

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
Well well well this is a sight I've not seen in some time. Some legitimate cohesion, a game plan and players performing at or above expectations.

If the consistency continues and happens against most opponents, we might have something real on our hands here.

This hinges on Demko.

Reactions: Indiana

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
Impressive win, albeit versus a tired team. Score probably flattered Dallas a bit.

No passengers tonight, which is now the norm. So fun to be watching a lunch bucket team for the first time in way too long.

Powerplay keeps generating chances like to tonight, there won't be many 0-fers.

Loving how the team just goes out and plays their game, shift after shift, no matter the score, period, or opposition. Our puck pressure is just ruthless at times.

It's a long season and there will be some valleys, but this high feels good.
PP was really sphincter clenching... grade A chances created... Ottinger was pretty spectacular... When you see a stud goalie like that do his thing, really makes you appreciate what we have - and realize what the Edmonton's/Toronto's etc glaring need is..

Will be an interesting watch going forward to see which teams have The Guy that can just 'Goalie' the other teams/(our team) the rest of the season.
I think we are sitting pretty right now... I'm appreciating it...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad