Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-2 (Dickinson, Garland, Chiasson, Schenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
No idea why you're still bellayaching after Canuck wins. (meaningless or not ).?..Its becoming borderline pathetic...Whats the problem with watching some of the young players evolve, or getting their game back..?..Whats wrong with being entertained ?.

The only other alternative is the team losing, which isnt going to make a dramatic effect on their drafting position, or fan interest.

Hey this is your team! You’re loving this right? Bennings master plan all came together to miss the playoffs and pick the worst possible. I’m glad it all worked out for you 😊

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Hey this is your team! You’re loving this right? Bennings master plan all came together to miss the playoffs and pick the worst possible. I’m glad it all worked out for you 😊

I, for one, have enjoyed watching hockey this past 4 months as much as the run in the bubble, and more than any other time in the last decade.

As a hockey fan, I would rather watch this right now than watch us throw in the towel, players giving up on every game etc..

I watch the game and follow the team to have fun. And I am having fun. Watching a team perform at this level over more than half a season has been joyful. Much rather watch a team play at 100 point pace than play at a 65 point pace!!

I think to each his own, but I think I feel differently than you. It isn't cup or bust for me. I want to be a fan and enjoy the games and the seasons. I agree and I sure hope we change direction and make some moves that makes us a contender, but winning in itself isn't the point. Fandom and fun watching hockey is the point- the better the hockey the more fun for sure. YMMV

Enjoy the day!

Reactions: Indiana

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I, for one, have enjoyed watching hockey this past 4 months as much as the run in the bubble, and more than any other time in the last decade.

As a hockey fan, I would rather watch this right now than watch us throw in the towel, players giving up on every game etc..

I watch the game and follow the team to have fun. And I am having fun. Watching a team perform at this level over more than half a season has been joyful. Much rather watch a team play at 100 point pace than play at a 65 point pace!!

I think to each his own, but I think I feel differently than you. It isn't cup or bust for me. I want to be a fan and enjoy the games and the seasons. I agree and I sure hope we change direction and make some moves that makes us a contender, but winning in itself isn't the point. Fandom and fun watching hockey is the point- the better the hockey the more fun for sure. YMMV

Enjoy the day!

And I don’t think you’re “pathetic” for thinking this way. However, the poster I was quoting has a history of gatekeeping fandom so I wanted to make sure he was happy with how it’s gone this year. It is cup or bust for me. If you aren’t building towards a sustainable cup champion, there isn’t a point for me.

Reactions: Fatass

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Chiasson is a shit hockey player who has been shit all year at ES but has stumbled backward into ok hockey card stats because he’s being stealing PP minutes from younger players.
His cap hit is 750k.

He looks like Jannik Hansen.

He's likeable.

He's 6'4, 208lbs.

He doesn't move the needle whatsoever but he's shown throughout his career that when the needle is moved, he can contribute.

Taking a dump on Chiasson while he's running white hot creating chances for himself and his line mates is ... an interesting take.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
His cap hit is 750k.

He looks like Jannik Hansen.

He's likeable.

He's 6'4, 208lbs.

He doesn't move the needle whatsoever but he's shown throughout his career that when the needle is moved, he can contribute.

Taking a dump on Chiasson while he's running white hot creating chances for himself and his line mates is ... an interesting take.

He’s had a nice couple games here. He’s a bad player and the takes that he should be brought back next year are … nuts.

Jussi Jokinen had 10 points in 13 games for us in garbage time a couple years ago. Doesn’t mean he was a good player who should have been given a new contract.

All Chiasson is doing right now is taking PP minutes from Podkolzin.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
I think we can safely put to bed the FOMO and outrage over the waiving of Gadjovich (and claiming by SJS) to be replaced by Chiasson.

Chiasson - Cap Hit - 750k
10-8-18 - 60GP

Gadjovich - Cap Hit - 783K
1-2-3 - 41GP

Chiasson has at least done something this season at the NHL level. Gadjovich looks like a big bag-o-nothing at this point.

Reactions: Indiana

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Chiasson has spent the vast majority of this season being somewhere between invisible and an actual detriment (because he took PP time from better players or couldnt complete a pass ever). That HASNT been true the last few games where hes made some great decisions with the puck, shown patience and hands he never showed before, and actually doesnt seem completely braindead when away from the puck anymore.

Not sure I'd say it was all worth it, but at league min I wouldnt mind keeping him for next year, as long as other people are given powerplay time over him. It isnt difficult to bury a league min contract either, if he consistently plays at his early season level and/or someone else plays better. Wouldnt be upset if we didnt keep him either though.

All in all, I'm enjoying his chemistry with Petey and his play as of late, and will continue to enjoy it as long as it lasts, then go back to complaining everytime I see him on the ice.

Melvin

21/12/05
Sep 29, 2017
Montreal, QC
I think we can safely put to bed the FOMO and outrage over the waiving of Gadjovich (and claiming by SJS) to be replaced by Chiasson.

10-8-18 - 60GP

1-2-3 - 41GP

Chiasson has at least done something this season at the NHL level. Gadjovich looks like a big bag-o-nothing at this point.

PowerPlay Time

Chiasson - 110:01, 1:50 per game. 6-3-9 in 60 GP
Gadjovich - 0:00, 0:00 per game, 0-0-0 in 0 GP

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
I was wrong about Chiasson being completely useless and done and good on him for getting faster and having a nice run of games lately. He's taken an opportunity grabbed it and had some success and deserves some kudos.

Although part of me suspects that players who logged big minutes are a bit worn down and some other opponents are auditioning players who wouldn't be in the NHL also so i take it with a grain of salt.

If he stays in an important role for this team we will be left being disappointed. I'm hoping they don't bring him back as he's a B level offensive player who is slow and needs offensive opportunities and situations to be effective. And waiting 50 games to have a player get to a point of some level of effectiveness is not a recipe for success.

Also a older journeyman taking away offensive situations from Hoglander Podkolzin is not desirable and the PK needs to not be the worst in the NHL if we want to make real improvement so would much prefer a veteran PKer to replace Motte or at least someone with size and grit that can make us tougher to play against

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

10-8-18 - 60GP

1-2-3 - 41GP

It’s not really an apples to apples comparison. Gadjovich (and MacEwen, for that matter) are still developing young players. Each of them provides an element at the NHL level that we lack (toughness), but each still has the potential to add a bit more to their game. But even if they plateau as is, they are used in a very specific role.

Chiasson is a known commodity. He’s a depth player who can periodically chip in up the lineup (such as on the PP). The issue most people have with Chiasson is not, IMO, the player himself. It’s that through his deployment, he is negating a young player getting a look in that same role - such as Podkolzin, or Hoglander before he was hurt.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Feel free to quote me where I said missing the playoffs was an acceptable bar this season..

It’s disappointing.

Yeah, this is my team…I have no clue what team your rooting for..It’s not this one

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Feel free to quote me where I said missing the playoffs was an acceptable bar this season..

It’s disappointing.

Yeah, this is my team…I have no clue what team your rooting for..It’s not this one

I’m now not a fan and pathetic. Mods feel free to look at these posts anytime.

The dude who simped for Benning the entire time he was here calling me out for actually wanting a good Canucks team or a good draft pick. I’m sorry actually having a standard bothers you. I’m sure Benning will get hired somewhere and you can regale us with all his successes.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
It’s not really an apples to apples comparison. Gadjovich (and MacEwen, for that matter) are still developing young players. Each of them provides an element at the NHL level that we lack (toughness), but each still has the potential to add a bit more to their game. But even if they plateau as is, they are used in a very specific role.

Chiasson is a known commodity. He’s a depth player who can periodically chip in up the lineup (such as on the PP). The issue most people have with Chiasson is not, IMO, the player himself. It’s that through his deployment, he is negating a young player getting a look in that same role - such as Podkolzin, or Hoglander before he was hurt.

But people don’t like nuance. If you point these things out that’s negative.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019

Gadjovich is 23, and will be 24 at next season's start. He really isn't that young.

And he really isn't much of a fighter or tough guy, just a role he was forced into with SJS for lack of any other tangible contribution. Much like Dale Weise was forced into the "tough guy" role for the Canucks. Look at his PIM in juniors.

He really adds nothing of value to any team serious about trying to win games in the NHL.

I feel absolutely no regret over not having him in our prospect pool or lineup at this moment. Maybe that will change in the years to come?

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
The only thing interesting about Chiasson picking up some points in top-6 minutes and #1 PP unit time is that those were things that Boeser massively struggled at. If a player as limited as Chiasson is able to be productive then that really further disparages Boeser's play this season.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

The dude who simped for Benning the entire time he was here calling me out for actually wanting a good Canucks team or a good draft pick. I’m sorry actually having a standard bothers you. I’m sure Benning will get hired somewhere and you can regale us with all his successes.
"Its ok when I do it but dont you..."

"#1,622"

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
And I don’t think you’re “pathetic” for thinking this way. However, the poster I was quoting has a history of gatekeeping fandom so I wanted to make sure he was happy with how it’s gone this year. It is cup or bust for me. If you aren’t building towards a sustainable cup champion, there isn’t a

I never said 'you' were pathetic...I said your comments were.

Ranting after wins, and having nothing but constant contempt for the team (especially at this juncture) is literally pointless...Its old man yelling at cloud territory.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
I never said 'you' were pathetic...I said your comments were.

Ranting after wins, and having nothing but constant contempt for the team (especially at this juncture) is literally pointless...Its old man yelling at cloud territory.

I disagree with your comments

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
He’s had a nice couple games here. He’s a bad player and the takes that he should be brought back next year are … nuts.

Jussi Jokinen had 10 points in 13 games for us in garbage time a couple years ago. Doesn’t mean he was a good player who should have been given a new contract.

All Chiasson is doing right now is taking PP minutes from Podkolzin.

Oh! This reminds me.

Was listening to a podcast with THE finnish NHL play by play guy and Kimmo Timonen. They had Jussi Jokinen as a guest.

Jussi said that "the GM of the Canucks did Columbus a favor" when they took Jussi. Was that favor ever cashed in for anything?

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Thats totally fine..its a discussion board...I'm not gatekeeping either, I'm not telling you what say..merely observing your comments...and giving my thoughts.

Have I ever once questioned your fandom during the Benning years? You literally just told me I’m not a Canucks fan. You aren’t giving your thoughts, you were telling me I’m not a fan of this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad