Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-2 (Dickinson, Garland, Chiasson, Schenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Someone get the clip of Pod hugging Chiasson

I keep saying it, but Pod is just so smart. He’s going to get the belt again

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
rGqKHZi.png

HH

Mar 30, 2022
Demko was Demko tonight, it looked like a PNE playland shooting gallery for a bit there but Demko was solid. He was making the sharks shoot wide with his ultra powerful mind.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
Cool to see him doing well.

Back in the 2016 draft he went #116 overall but I loved his skating and had him rated ahead of Brett Howden (#27 overall from the same Moose Jaw team). But the rest of his WHL career kinda flopped and he even ended up there for his overage year, which is usually the kiss of death for a drafted player, and I thought I got it really wrong there.

But he's really turned it around and turned into a buzz-saw speedy checker for SJ.
For the last 47 games, Canucks have been winning at the same pace as Tampa Bay.

Consider the dip in last 2 weeks thats impressive

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Looks like Halak did absolutely nothing today, as per usual. Really disappointed in his stats today, esp the .000 SV%.

Also after being dominant for a few games, I felt Petey was a bit off today. Didnt do a whole lot and had some odd plays. Not worried about him (had 7 points in 2 games leading into tonight) but seemed noteworthy. Miller's stupid plays seem to be more and more obvious when he isnt scoring, guy couldnt even hit an empty net today, hope he gets a bounce soon. Grats to Demmer and hope they can win the next one too, a SUPER important game on Tuesday.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Canucks looked like a tired team that was depending on goal tending b/c that's exactly what they were. Kudos to the team for scrambling thru and hanging in but with injuries piling up it's very hard seeing them doing anything in the playoffs even if they do make it.

Good

Demko - huge throughout. Had to cover up for a lot loose play

Podkolzin - best Canuck forward. Passing skills are proving to be high end. Needs a little more scoring touch but that should come given the shot he has. Long term he's easily a top 6 forward in the NHL.

Schenn - another very strong game. He's out and the team is deeply in trouble.

Myers - tonight he was good both ways. Looking a little like how he was when Boudreau first got here.

Horvat - chewed up a lot of ice time and was critical in the face off circle. Understated yet important part of the win.

Chjaisson never thought it would happen but he was at least better than average. Created an important turnover and scored the winner. Moreover has looked much more involved

Garland - finally put the biscuit in the basket and another good game of hounding the puck.

Not So Good

Dickinson - nice move on the opening goal but overall just too weak on his skates. Can't seem to win anything one on one and really has trouble taking a pass.

Miller - maybe his worst game of the season. Just looked bagged and was really screwing up on the power play. Been asked to do too much, for too long and appears to be finally catching up with him. Also thought Pettersson and Hughes were looking tired and were mostly unable to complete plays

Others

Lockwood - got played in more critical situations and is showing enough to believe he has a future. Might have had a little quicker and better coverage on the second Shark goal but that's probably nit-picking.

Petan - continues to look decent but he needs to start doing more with his chances.

Upcoming games vs Vegas and Dallas will likely determine season.

-

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2018
So I’d have to agree with everyone that Podkilzin was looking like the player he was projected in his draft season as a top 3-5 pick. You can tell he’s working so hard and developing right in front of our eyes. I feel like he’s found a home with Horvat and Garland on that second line. I’d switch Garland for Boeser if he comes back, Garland generates more by himself.

Reactions: alternate

Nov 1, 2011
Great game to attend.

While we likely will not make the playoffs, these games have gotten a lot more entertaining than they were early in the season.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
So I’d have to agree with everyone that Podkilzin was looking like the player he was projected in his draft season as a top 3-5 pick. You can tell he’s working so hard and developing right in front of our eyes. I feel like he’s found a home with Horvat and Garland on that second line. I’d switch Garland for Boeser if he comes back, Garland generates more by himself.
I think Pod and Garland have more chemistry than Boeser and Pod do

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Play-offs realistically just out of reach, despite a good recent effort.

Say we win 80% of the remaining games and Dallas slides to 55%, a pretty optimistic/unrealistic scenario but not outlandish (percentage choosen for the drama):

VAN 7 out of 9 games (appr. 80%): 101 points
Dallas 6 out of 11 games (appr. 55%): 102 points

So even with a rather sunny view we would just sit outside. Ofc, we could go 100%...

Last edited:
Reactions: Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad