Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sharks - 4-2 (Dickinson, Garland, Chiasson, Schenn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Play-offs realistically just out of reach, desoite a good recent effort.

Say we win 80% of the remaining games and Dallas slides to 55%, a pretty optimistic/unrealistic scenario but not outlandish (percentage choosen for the drama):

VAN 7 out of 9 games (appr. 80%): 101 points
Dallas 6 out of 11 games (appr. 55%): 102 points

So even with a rather sunny view we would just sit outside. Ofc, we could go 100%...

No playoffs , worst draft pick possible.

This is Canucks hockey for the last 50 years.

Reactions: Zippgunn

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Barely beating bad teams in games that don’t matter to make sure we pick 15 or 16

Kill me now.

Reactions: Fatass

Nov 1, 2011
No playoffs , worst draft pick possible.

This is Canucks hockey for the last 50 years.

If you hate it so much, why martyr yourself?

I can tell you that I had a great night. The team won and it was entertaining. What does that mean in terms of us winning a Cup? Pretty much nothing.

What would losing do to help us? Also, pretty much nothing.

Main difference, in part as a result of the game, I had a great time and you seemingly didn't.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Podkolzin is only 20 lol. Loved his game last night - his confidence holding the puck is growing and both his vision and tenacity were on full display.

If this team really wants to will themselves into the playoffs, they'll need Podkolzin playing like this every night to add another dimension to the scoring. Oh and Myers will need to minimize chaos Giraffe mode all together, he was good last night.

Reactions: HH and Indiana

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
The only way we make the playoffs is to win all the games just like we did when Bruce took over.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Barely beating bad teams in games that don’t matter to make sure we pick 15 or 16

Kill me now.
And add to that with each of these wins in meaningless games our owner starts thinking his team is good. I can see our owner telling management to re-sign Miller and we will see another 8 years of Benning-like moves.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
If you hate it so much, why martyr yourself?

I can tell you that I had a great night. The team won and it was entertaining. What does that mean in terms of us winning a Cup? Pretty much nothing.

What would losing do to help us? Also, pretty much nothing.

Main difference, in part as a result of the game, I had a great time and you seemingly didn't.
My first win this year, team was 0 for 8 in games I attended this year before this game. It is just so much better watching wins. People who want to lose and tank are probably not paying to go see them. Burroughs, Lockwood and Scheen are fun players to watch in person along with the stars. I hope entertainment is on owners minds. Travis Green hockey sucked to watch. Rather lose aggressively then seek out a win while being dominated.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Canucks keep giving me hope
Beat vegas and Dallas baby
We actually have a fairly easy schedule Vs Dallas or vegas imo

Feb 19, 2018
I think Pod and Garland have more chemistry than Boeser and Pod do
I agree on that part but if you put Boeser on the third line he’s pretty much invisible. Garland will at least generate offence by himself as he likes doing things himself anyways. Boeser will at least register on the scoreboard if you play him with better players.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

As it should be - it was a clean hit. Although as I said before, I was surprised the play wasn’t blown dead when Merkley was clearly injured.

Does Merkley have a reputation (with the refs) as a guy who lays on the ice, after getting hit, to draw penalties?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

Kill me now.
No idea why you're still bellayaching after Canuck wins. (meaningless or not ).?..Its becoming borderline pathetic...Whats the problem with watching some of the young players evolve, or getting their game back..?..Whats wrong with being entertained ?.

The only other alternative is the team losing, which isnt going to make a dramatic effect on their drafting position, or fan interest.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
And add to that with each of these wins in meaningless games our owner starts thinking his team is good. I can see our owner telling management to re-sign Miller and we will see another 8 years of Benning-like moves.

...which reinforces my belief that, without different ownership nothing will really change with this team. Starts at the top...

Reactions: Fatass

LaVal

Dec 13, 2002
Kelowna
Paragraph 2.
I didn't have a problem with the 2nd paragraph, but now that it's mentioned.... Chiasson gets more powerplay time per game than those 2 combined and more ozone starts (61%). And he's being compared to a rookie and a sophomore.

Yes it's great to get 10 goals from a league minimum player, but with his deployment and the fact the majority have been on the powerplay, it's nothing to get excited about. I think Lammikko potting 7 at regular strength for the same cost is better value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino