Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Sens - 5-1 (Motte x 2, Miller x 2, Pettersson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
He looked very good indeed but let's not go overboard here, the Sens are a truly awful team. It's almost like many here are just waiting to dump on Holtby for some reason, I can't figure out why he's been just as solid in net for us. Sutter and Motte looking like superstars too, I guess they should be put up on the top line eh? Let's see how Demko performs against REAL NHL talent for an extended period before we give up on Holtby OK?

Hey if you started like this we could have discussed this like adults from the start. We gave up on a vezina caliber goaltender to roll with Demko so as long as he’s at least equal to Holtby he should be getting the majority of starts regardless. Not 75-25 but the majority. Otherwise we should have kept markstrom.

I personally think Holtby was redundant and his cap better used towards Toffoli or Tanev and a cheaper backup. And so far he’s been okay at best. Nothing against the guy personally. But I think he was a misuse of limited cap space.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I think we have too many guys, who are (honestly) too slow. We end up behind the play, standing still, and being too passive. Miller was great tonight though. He’s one tough bugger.

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Bizarre game..That first period..Were the Canucks that bad, or were the Senators that good?...If not for Demko, could easily have been 3 or 4-1.

EP is coming along, as is his line...Demko looks totally dialled in

Do it again tomorrow.

That first period I think was both. After a 7-1 shellacking, as a surprise to no one they came out strong with everything they had. We came out flat, not great preparation tbh better teams will make us pay for that.

Other than a few players getting going offensively, not too much to conclude from these games.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Nice to see the Canucks bounce back from their opening season thumping.

Wasn't expecting these games to be complete blowouts, but I'll take that as a good thing that the Canucks are hopefully not on Ottawa's level.

One more game to go...

EDIT: Still not feeling inspired by the Canucks play and I'm loathe to see how they'll do against stronger opponents. That first period shellacking could've gotten ugly had it been a team with teeth.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
With all divisional games its going to come down to the wire for most teams.
I think we will find out whether our team is in a playoff hunt during the coming road trip. We look like a team, to me, that will be 6 and 10 after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad