Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Rangers - 5-2 (Pearson, Myers, Lammikko, Highmore, Pettersson)

JT Miller would be the best or 2nd best forward on the Rangers?

• Total voters

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
The only thing i can think right now (especially after Allvin's comments) is they are taking their time and trying to make the decision between Horvat or Miller - which one you choose defines the next 5 years. Taking the glitz out of it, it's a tough decision, especially when you have an entirely new group that has to get to know them as well as people.

I could really see either scenario at this point - Miller dealt at deadline to stock the cupboard while maintaining the age range of the core group OR horvat is moved in the off season with a Miller extension. Of course all dependent on if Miller wants to stay. In terms of how they are playing this year give the team to Miller if he wants it - Horvat has allowed himself to be a non factor third line center, with Pettersson coming back to himself Horvat has slipped.

I believe Horvat would still hold good value on a trade market and could actually be that piece that could get us the RH dman.

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
It's not just that Petey scored on the empty net, but that Bruce trusts him defensively to put him out there. Ditto on the pk. It was also significant that when the Rangers first pulled the goalie, the D-zone face-off was entrusted to Lammiko, Highmore, Motte. That used to be Horvat's territory.
Wouldn't surprise me if Horvat is playing through an injury.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
It's not just that Petey scored on the empty net, but that Bruce trusts him defensively to put him out there. Ditto on the pk. It was also significant that when the Rangers first pulled the goalie, the D-zone face-off was entrusted to Lammiko, Highmore, Motte. That used to be Horvat's territory.
Wouldn't surprise me if Horvat is playing through an injury.
Could still be a little off from covid. His skating also isn’t as strong. But honestly, he’s looked like this the whole season.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Could still be a little off from covid. His skating also isn’t as strong. But honestly, he’s looked like this the whole season.

Enough with that BS excuse. He just doesn't care anymore after getting paid and starting a family...

Canucks' Horvat moving past “frustrating” stint in COVID protocol | Offside

"“I think everybody’s towards that point now,” Horvat, who was asymptomatic, told media this morning. “It is frustrating. I felt like I missed five games for no reason. Obviously the protocols are put in place for a reason, but it was a frustrating time."

Reactions: Grantham

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Happy to see Petey got the empty netter. Gone are the days of the likes of Beagle being out to defend the lead.

Reactions: Grantham

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Took 4 out of a possible 4 points from the Rangers this season.

(...would be sweet if we could do that against the Leafs).

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Happy to see Petey got the empty netter. Gone are the days of the likes of Beagle being out to defend the lead.

Well, the likes of Beagle, Pearson, and Eriksson actually did a pretty good job of defending the lead with the opposition's net empty.

To Beagle's credit, he was pretty good in the faceoff circle. In 19-20, Beagle and Horvat formed a pretty good combo when it came to winning faceoffs.

Reactions: DL44

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Can you believe this team now has a positive goal differential? At the time Benning/Green were fired the team was a -20 in just 25 games.
The firing of Benning is as glorious today as ever :yo:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
A nice win for the boys, but the Canucks caught just about every break in the book heading into this one. Rangers played last night and lost 1-0 in a tough game against the Pens. And were basically forced to play their backup goalie Georgiev, who hadn't played in over a month.

And still Demko had to make at least four, 10-bell saves in the first period to keep the Canucks ahead.....and was stellar again in the final period when when the Rangers finally awoke for a final push.

On to Jersey tomorrow night.....at least the have zero travel time between games and again, and the Devils are back for their first home game after a road-trip of their own. I'd come right back with Demko, but not sure what Boudreau will do.

Reactions: geebaan

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Can you believe this team now has a positive goal differential? At the time Benning/Green were fired the team was a -20 in just 25 games.
Says more about Green's miscalculated coaching philosophy.....The squad is still 100% Benning.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: