Post-Game Talk: WCSF GM03 | Canucks defeat Oilers | 4-3 (Boeser(2) & Lindholm(2)) | Silovs You!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Zadorov has been running around targeting guys through these last 3 games and Oilers don’t have an answer for him. My goodness we haven’t had this type of meanness since the WCE days.

Soucy was a major POS against us during that play in series back in 2020 and he was always a thorn to play against when he was with Seattle. He’s a big pest and I was wondering where that side of him was this season but he’s back into those antics in the playoffs which is really nice to see. If anybody watches Soucy closely he’s always snarling and smiling at guys and chirping them out and i really dont know what he says but guys can’t help but slash and whack him all the time, McDavid prime example tonight. Soucy is also a lowkey dirty player and I love guys who play like that because I’ve grown tired seeing this team get mugged for more than a decade.

Zadorov and Soucy have been terrific additions and have truly changed the culture.
Zads has been for us what Michael Ferland was for Calgary back when Willie D. lost that series for us singlehandedly...

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I'm happy they won, but they refused/could not push the play up ice again. EDM is constantly reloading. That's not a sustainable formula. Tocchet knows as much and was yelling at his team on the bench.

Aside from that, a few comments:

- Lindholm out against McDavid was the best move Tocchet made. This is the match up. That he scored on the PP was bonus. Great game.

- Boeser was unbelievable that game. He did everything you could ask. What a player.

- Zadorov was feast or famine. Such an erratic player at times. Was nasty, made mistakes, but was also one of the few to push play.

- I hope Soucy heals well before next game. They need him.

- Not concerned about Cole. He's getting a run of bad luck but is a clear upgrade over Juulsen.

- Arturs Silovs... You have to be good to be lucky, and he was both in this game. Is a clear relative advantage over Skinner. Skinner will start next game but if he struggles early he could lose the net for the series.

- The PK - Thank you for killing the PP after the first two. Giving up PPGs at a 50% rate is just insane.

- Myers defended well. Had some good blocks and was closing off plays. Is very important right now.

Michael Dal Swolle

Dec 15, 2013
The sad part is this was probably his best game of the series lol

I can understand being mad about the Garland game winner or the Zadorov goal line goal or whatever, but if you give Brock Boeser the puck below the faceoff circle and enough time to make a sandwich before shooting he's going to bury that more often than not...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Am I way out to lunch or was Skinner...not...that bad? He wasn't great but two of the goals were completely uncontested high danger chances from inside the hashmarks (for our leading scorer) and another one was a deflection.

I agree. He played like Silovs did in G1. But the difference is every other Silovs game has been very good.

If your best is what Silovs gave you in game 1, and the rest of your games have been awful + a bad previous playoff history… there’s a breaking point and clearly Knoblauch had one. And it was the right decision.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
I agree. He played like Silovs did in G1. But the difference is every other Silovs game has been very good.

If your best is what Silovs gave you in game 1, and the rest of your games have been awful + a bad previous playoff history… there’s a breaking point and clearly Knoblauch had one. And it was the right decision.
Played decent but pulled for the third.
Mess with his head!!

• Haha
Reactions: D0ctorCool

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Is there anyone else besides Cole to put in the lineup? Oilers probably should be banking more pucks off Cole!

If Knoblauch is gonna stick with Skinner, then you have this series for sure! Oilers are better off starting Pickard.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
Tocchet has been in this league for decades, he knows how to play the media.
Yes, I've been really impressed with his interviews. Some issues with adjustments but he gives very friendly answers to the media that say mostly nothing and are generally complementary to the team to not stir drama. He's smart keeping things in the room.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
To be completely fair, he does often get very throny questions from reporter. They do want to provoke him and get a reaction. You can tell that he is not a fan of hockey media. Some people are just like that.
You get what you give though. He's a di*k to the media and they ask him questions in response to how he acts. The same guys don't ask those to other people. Total lack of class from a guy that's accomplished nothing meaningful in this league. I'm glad none of the core Canucks don't talk or act like that.

As for the game, thought we carried play 5 on 5 for the first half and last 5 mins we were getting caved. EDM is not scary at all 5 on 5. 5 on 4 and 6 on 5 they are maybe the best in the league but 5 on 5 they don't do a ton.

Reactions: Red

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Yes, I've been really impressed with his interviews. Some issues with adjustments but he gives very friendly answers to the media that say mostly nothing and are generally complementary to the team to not stir drama. He's smart keeping things in the room.

You have Tocchet, who was a great power forward in his day.
He knows how to play it.

It sure helps we have Rutherford on the team.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Great Road win! Karlsson & Aman were solid, only weak player at forward is Mikheyev, EP & Karlsson were great without him briefly once with Joshua & once with Garland as soon as Mikheyev came on their possession died, scratch him for PDG. Great game by Myers & Soucy, Hughes & Z were also good, King Arthur was terrific.

Reactions: aquaweenie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad