Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Rangers - 5-2 (Pearson, Myers, Lammikko, Highmore, Pettersson)

JT Miller would be the best or 2nd best forward on the Rangers?

• Total voters

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
When our 3 franchise cornerstones Demko/Pettersson/Hughes are playing at the level they can play at they can beat any team in the league. Even with how horrid the right side of the defence is.

The decision on Miller might be the biggest one in Organizations history. Looking like a legit 90-100 point player.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Motto line another great game. I will apologize to Bruce for suggesting he should put Chiasson on that line and bump up Motte or Highmore

Demko is Vezina level

Hughes was outstanding and had to bail Schenn out a bunch tonight as he was sluggish as hell. But i still love he makes good decisions and is stiff as hell

Myers OEL were excellent both only had a couple missteps the whole game.

Other 3 lines were ok except for the 3rd when the legs fell off a bunch of them and the reality of Chiasson and just how slow we can be had us scrambling

Boeser and Horvat were playing really careless once we had the 4 goal lead and Miller looked out of gas as well.
Boeser is really tough to watch when he's this sluggish. Skating with cinder blocks and that 4 on 2 is unacceptable for a player that wants big money. Beer league effort

Overall a good entertaining game and they did come out and play well to get the lead. Lots of holes in coverage that Demko masks. Man we would be in big time sell mode without Thatcher

Oh and Happy Birthday Matthew Highmore great game and goal

Last edited:

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
When our 3 franchise cornerstones Demko/Pettersson/Hughes are playing at the level they can play at they can beat any team in the league. Even with how horrid the right side of the defence is.

The decision on Miller might be the biggest one in Organizations history. Looking like a legit 90-100 point player.

If he was 25 and not 28, you keep him all day long. But that's a significant age gap. Makes it a lot more difficult.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Miller is on fire right now. Unless someone blows the doors off with a trade, I honestly don't think you can move him
yup the last thing you do is auction him off. If you want to have an impact player make a tremendous offer. Anything less is absurd

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
We'd be better off moving Boeser IMO, he may not have as much value but he'll cost as much as Miller will to resign and he's about half the player right now
Yes he's just not very important relating to his paygrade. More of a luxury player.

We'll see what happens

VancouverJagger

Not trying to fit in
Feb 26, 2017
Vancouver - Coal Harbour
Yeah. Not interested in Schneider or Lafreniere for Miller.

You are kidding right? Lol.........I would take a package centered around Schneider anyday. He's exactly what we need. Go spend some time over on the Rangers board and see what they think about trading this guy? It's a HARD no. He's gonna be a stud.

Lafreniere - he's 20 years old starting to put it together. He would not be bad either............Either of these guys ++ would be a massive win imo.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Cannot trade Miller if there is any chance of him signing period. Trading him sinks the next 2 years. If you have to trade him you need an A prospect. He is 28 almost 29 but if anything he is getting better. I could justify multi year resign. He is not Ericksson he is a play driver.

Toss it to Tanti

Mar 24, 2018
Really solid team win.

Rangers looked really poor - that effort coming out of the 2nd period was that classic pouty "we should be winning" attitude that i'm glad that we were able to take advantage of (even if we had no business being up 2-0 at that point). IF we do end up trading Miller to the Rangers (which I'm am very torn on), I absolutely would be prioritizing their 2023 1st. I could undoubtably see them missing the PO (also don't think Miller would be as offensively productive on their team), and the more lottery tickets we have for Bedard/Michkov/Fantilli/etc. the better.

Reactions: Indiana

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Cannot trade Miller if there is any chance of him signing period. Trading him sinks the next 2 years. If you have to trade him you need an A prospect. He is 28 almost 29 but if anything he is getting better. I could justify multi year resign. He is not Ericksson he is a play driver.
He is in his prime. You probably get another 3-4 prime years left. He has no injuries with the Canucks. I think he has played his way out of trade talks. The point is to maximize assets, and trading a 90 point guy on a 5 million contract who is a leader in the room seems insane now.

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
This team really has moved on from green, but that said its not the end of the world if we trade miller, since he is super hot and probably has the highest value in his career.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad