Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Preds - 5-2 - Hat-Trick Petey!

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Definitely the shakiest Canuck effort on home ice so far this season.....game was a lot closer than the score indicated.

Canucks caught a break when the Preds started their backup Lankinen....three of the goals actually leaked through him, and he looked shaky on a lot of his saves.

Gotta' love Tocchet's 'tough love' for Miller in the second period....stapled him to the pine for a few shifts in the second period after he took a couple of dumb penalties in the offensive zone and then chirped the referee

Beauvillier had a strong game and was rewarded with a couple of assists. Looks poised to break out offensively, and always has been a streaky player. .

Reactions: Grantham

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
first time the orca has demanded respect around the league in 11 years
revive-hes-alive.gif

Reactions: Grantham

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I didn't think the Canucks looked very good at all tonight. Very sloppy 1st, albeit the bad ice didn't help. Bailed out by bad Nashville goaltending.

Kind of look at it like the 2nd Edmonton game - take the points and move on. Going to be a few ugly ones along the way, nothing wrong with that.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
This is the kind of game we'd have found a way to lose in previous years. Came out flat, bad ice, some questionable penalties, Miller getting hot under the collar, etc. but we held the line and our best players got the kind of results you need them to get. I wasn't a fan of the process but I'll easily take the result.

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Miller looked off his game.

I really liked Tochet benching him in the 2nd for the last 5mins or so.

Miller's problems, from what I understand, largely come when he makes a mistake and then tries to make up for that mistake and then he spirals in to oblivion. Being too hard on him self. Tochet calmed him down.

Feb 19, 2018
Aren’t out of the water yet, anything other than a dominant win vs SJ is a disappointment. Get that win and we are talking as we always struggle with the wins we should have. Not convinced yet due to post traumatic syndrome

Reactions: Indiana

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Aren’t out of the water yet, anything other than a dominant win vs SJ is a disappointment. Get that win and we are talking as we always struggle with the wins we should have. Not convinced yet due to post traumatic syndrome

Totally normal line of thought. Regular season means nothing. Look at Bruins last season, best regular season team in history? Yeah Florida wiped their ass with Boston's face, suck on your participation trophy Marchand.

I think right now the take away is that the team is finding ways to win games when a lot of things are not going the right direction, and you can clearly see team's improvement when pressure mounts. A game such as tonight's would've likely resulted in last year's team snapping like toothpicks.

Yeah we're barely beginning to forge a path to playoffs, but now there are legitimate reasons for some cautious optimism.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
WE ARE ALL CANUCKS. COME ON, LETS GO.

Last time I’ve been proud to be a Canucks fan was literally 2012. Rick better be front runner for Jack Adams if bruh can keep this together the whole season.

So anyhow, let’s pretend I didn’t need a kidney and I’m selling one for playoffs tickets — are we doing left or right? Sometimes I get a weird cramp in the left area so maybe take the right one for buyer guarantee.

Reactions: andora

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad