Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Predators - 3-1 (Pettersson, Boeser, Lammikko)

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
Honestly I don’t think we played one bad game this entire road trip.

Even the first game where people thought it was pretty poor, I thought we played pretty well

special teams weren't working the first three games. top6 was non existent until horvat scored back to back against carolina and washington. petey x2 and another tonight. coming back to life. 4th line is once again effective. hopefully JR finds a younger cheaper righty to make that line even more dangerous. demko playing all games. bounced back nicely.

Reactions: Indiana

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
Looks like the Preds are coming back down to earth.

But a win is a win and when you win, we all win.

Except for those that lose. I.e. Edmonton
The Preds did look bad. Whether it was Miller or Petey's line skating around them in the O-zone with possession, we're able to dominate play as long as we don't play soft defensively. Myers, Poolman, Schenn are able to rub out above-average skill players as long as forwards are close.

It took 2 fights to win this game. That's the type of effort we need every night. There's no goon on our team, so everybody is answering the bell.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Three scoring lines + a good 4th line might actually be viable, although Dickinson.....

Pearson - Miller - Boeser
Dickinson - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Hoglander
Motte - Lammikko - Highmore

Last edited:

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Three scoring lines + a good 4th line might actually be viable, although Dickinson.....

Pearson - Miller - Boeser
Dickinson - Horvat - Garland
Podkolzin - Pettersson - Hoglander
Motte - Lammikko - Highmore

Yeahhhh... if we could just ditch Dickinson for a replacement level player that would be a decent looking group of forwards.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Another game of outright thievery by Demko......I counted at least clear-cut breakaways that he shut the door on. The reality is that even with a depleted lineup, Demko gives you a shot at pulling out a win every night, when he's on his game.

But after nine straight on the road, this team desperately needs some home cooking. Hopefully the Canuck owners relent and agree to play games at Rogers Arena with 50 percent capacity.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Another game of outright thievery by Demko......I counted at least clear-cut breakaways that he shut the door on. The reality is that even with a depleted lineup, Demko gives you a shot at pulling out a win every night, when he's on his game.

But after nine straight on the road, this team desperately needs some home cooking. Hopefully the Canuck owners relent and agree to play games at Rogers Arena with 50 percent capacity.
No more runway left. Have to go ahead with it now.

ForecheckBackcheck

Nov 2, 2019
What the hell happened to Dickinson? I know he wasn't a world beater, but he was good for 10 G and 25 pts in a 3rd line roll in Dallas for 3 straight years, and he is still young. In fact, he was remarkably consistent the last 3 seasons, averaging around 11 goals and 24-26pts each season (/82 games).

This year he is on pace for 6 goals and 11 pts. Essentially half his regular production.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Yeahhhh... if we could just ditch Dickinson for a replacement level player that would be a decent looking group of forwards.
I don't dislike Dickinson as much as some of you seem to-- he's still way better than replacement level, IMO. I just think he sticks out like a sore thumb on a three-scoring line setup (especially when the 4th line is starting to look pretty set without him on it).

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006

Glad to see you like Petey that much Platotld

That type of stat is so fricken useless it's no longer funny.

Reminded me of non-sensical it used to be when they used roll out the "When Daniel and Henrik both get a point, the Canucks record is an amazing X"... oh gee really? Our record when we score at least 2 goals is.... something positive? You don't say!

Can anyone produce a player that has a LOSING record when they score a goal?

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

Reminded me of non-sensical it used to be when they used roll out the "When Daniel and Henrik both get a point, the Canucks record is an amazing X"... oh gee really? Our record when we score at least 2 goals is.... something positive? You don't say!

Brandon Sutter?

:naughty:

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC

Same as the 'Team X has a great record when scoring first! And leading after 2 periods!'

Like, duh.

Reactions: Nucker101 and DL44

hookshott

Dec 13, 2016
The Preds did look bad. Whether it was Miller or Petey's line skating around them in the O-zone with possession, we're able to dominate play as long as we don't play soft defensively. Myers, Poolman, Schenn are able to rub out above-average skill players as long as forwards are close.

It took 2 fights to win this game. That's the type of effort we need every night. There's no goon on our team, so everybody is answering the bell.
Really....,the 2 fights won the game?? You honestly believe that?

Regress2TheMeme

Mar 14, 2018
I was impressed with how the Canucks responded to Nashville playing a chippy game. You don't see many teams looking to "bang" these days. I guess Smashville is a big part of that organizations brand.

I got the impression that they thought they could push this team around but the Canucks answered the bell. Myers fought a guy whose main role is to fight. Burroughs got the better of a guy that leads the league in fighting majors. Pretty good!

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I was impressed with how the Canucks responded to Nashville playing a chippy game. You don't see many teams looking to "bang" these days. I guess Smashville is a big part of that organizations brand.

I got the impression that they thought they could push this team around but the Canucks answered the bell. Myers fought a guy whose main role is to fight. Burroughs got the better of a guy that leads the league in fighting majors. Pretty good!
I prefer Burroughs in the lineup over Hunt..Although looking ahead to this home stand maybe we’ll see Hamonic..? (Who is becoming a rare sight this season)

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC

A-freaking-men. It's a completely pointless talking point that doesn't seem to at all imply the narrative that it seems to be used for (the idea that the team feeds off the player's energy or follows their lead or some nonsense), to me.

If anything, I would kind of expect that stat to be higher the less important the player is (if it has any correlation at all). I'd be curious about that breakdown. When even less relied upon/important guys produce, wouldn't a win be more likely than when a go-to guy produces (especially since there's probably a better chance of the opposition being a weaker team, or the game being a blow-out)?

Last edited:

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

This is easy. Just look at the roster of historically bad teams and go down the list of their top goal scorers.

Like Clayton Keller. By my count, the Coyotes are 4-9 when Keller scores a goal and 1-6 when Crouse scores a goal this season. :popcorn:

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Really wish we could have gotten at least a point out of the Florida games. We deserved at least one, and that would have given us .500 for points in a tough road trip. But really, we played well enough to win in 4 of the games, with just CAR outclassing us imo.

Said after the TB game that EP would break out during the road trip. Still probably has another level or two to his game, but definitely coming out of his coma. Huge for this team of we want a realistic shot at the playoffs.

Might finally start having all elements going at the same time -- EP, top 6, bottom 6, PP -- now really just need to get some production from some dmen not wearing #43. Team had stretches of being a dominant puck control team this road trip, and with Demko playing like a demigod, we will be in every game.

Exciting times in Nucksville.

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
A-freaking-men. It's a completely pointless talking point that doesn't seem to at all imply what people sell it as (the idea that the team feeds off the player's energy or follows their lead or some nonsense), to me.

If anything, I would kind of expect that stat to be higher the less important the player is (if it has any correlation at all). I'd be curious about that breakdown. When even less relied upon/important guys produce, wouldn't a win be more likely than when a go-to guy produces (especially since there's probably a better chance of the opposition being a weaker team, or the game being a blow-out)?

Even more simple than that...
a lot more goals are scored in wins than losses... therefore, goals are a lot more likely to be associated with wins... 75% of the goals scored last night were in a win. 2-1 win? 66% of the goals scored - win!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad