Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Predators - 3-1 (Pettersson, Boeser, Lammikko)

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
Doesn’t owe me shit. But 2 games doesn’t make up for blowing every game before.

Now if he strategically was shit to get Green and Benning fired…

Then I will issue an apology.

Yeah I'm happy Pettersson seems like he's getting his groove back.. but you can't forget the fact we'd probably be in a better position now if he didn't take a nap for the first 37 games.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
FJb9WijVgAUm-aX

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
And the playoff run is truly on. Awesome win.

Good

Demko - more he plays the better he gets. The key to any success moving ahead.

Lammikko - thought he was having an excellent game even before the goal. Might be equaling Schenn as best bang for your buck player. Led his line as Motte fell off a bit.

Pettersson - still has some brain farts but skating better and getting more dangerous. Thought he was good both ways and the line had some of the best shifts of the game. If that youngster line can build off this game will be a huge development for the team. Both Podkolzin and Hoglander contributed well.

Myers - back to the form he showed prior to the covid break. Carrying OEL (has he got broken foot?) ATM

Hughes - just terrific. Hope he can improve his shot to the point he has improved his defensive play. Should be on the all star team. Better than Josi (outside of the shot) in this game

Miller - looks banged up but still contributing in a lot of areas

Not

Dickinson - skates around, puck comes, gets bumped off it and he falls down, gets up and chases the play. Really if Horvat and Garland are back, he should be benched. Might even like Chaisson better right now and I hate Chaisson. Watching DeGiuseppe in Abbotsford convinces me he is a better player than Dickinson. Terrible off season pick up.

Others

Boeser - nice that he scored but still contributing little in the general run of the play. Miller is baling him out

Poolman - goal against started with him getting caught up in the offensive zone. Leads to a break out, Boeser's penalty and then a PP goal. Makes the foolish play too often but he was more effective breaking up plays in this game.

Burroughs - our new enforcer. Tougher than his size would indicate. Still has big problems with defensive reads. Biggest problem with the team is that with Hamonic hurt or in covid trouble, they lack an adequate 6th dman.

Pearson - thought he looked the most bagged of all the players. Can't put the puck in the ocean from a water's edge ATM. Still he is playing ok defensively.

Hopefully with the League announcement, we are starting to put covid in the rear view since few teams have been plagued more than Canucks with the disruptions this thing has caused. Yet I get a queasy feeling that somehow this monster will still morph along and find some other ways of screwing us over. However, "For Cause" testing is totally the right way to go and should help the scheduling issues.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
This is a "solid" Canucks victory. Tons of scoring chances against but Demko is in rhythm, solid 5 v 5 play, killed off a few penalties, scored a PP goal, top players put up points, bottom 6 chips in with a goal.

Can't complain. The Canucks took advantage of a team playing back to back games and came out with a solid road win.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Dickinson - skates around, puck comes, gets bumped off it and he falls down, gets up and chases the play. Really if Horvat and Garland are back, he should be benched. Might even like Chaisson better right now and I hate Chaisson. Watching DeGiuseppe in Abbotsford convinces me he is a better player than Dickinson. Terrible off season pick up.

Dickinson has been a disappointment but his shot suppression and defensive abilities 5 v 5 seems legit. I'm not sure how much value to put on it. He and Podkolzin have been the best defensive forwards 5 v 5.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Good on Lammiko, actually has become a servible fourth line player with Motte

That whole line has had a really nice run of games. Nice to see some of the unsung guys (like Lammikko and Highmore) get some recognition for their good work. Motte has been rightly recognized as a strong contributor for a while, but it’s nice to see those other two get some plaudits and stake claims to permanent roster spots.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Looks like the Preds are coming back down to earth.

But a win is a win and when you win, we all win.

Except for those that lose. I.e. Edmonton

Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad