Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Leafs - 6-4 (Miller, Brock Boeser, Hamonic, Pearson, Chiasson, Motte)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I get the urge, but it must be getting harder. With a real coach you’ve been a top 5 team in the league or so? What has it been since the Pens loss that finally triggered things?

NHL Stats

Tied for 5th in points, 6th in points percentage

Since the initial 9 game points streak though, the team is 12-8-3 and 14th in point percentage.

Reactions: geebaan

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I get the urge, but it must be getting harder. With a real coach you’ve been a top 5 team in the league or so? What has it been since the Pens loss that finally triggered things?
It’s not an urge, it’s just a conclusion based around logic.

1) yes we are winning but we are winning based around Demko and plying teams backups
2) hello we have no cap, how are we going to improve next season? Just pray that the kids improve and the defense will magically improve despite the fact that OEL, Myers, Hamonic are getting older and will most likely decline
3) so what if we make the playoffs? Honestly so what? I remember it was exciting to make the playoffs because it was a sign that the team is improving and it was the beginning of a cycle. The fact that we have little way to improve next year due to cap and no prospects and we are a team propped up by goaltending means that this is not a beginning of a cycle, but actually the pinnacle of what this team is capable of.
4) let’s say we kept everyone and make the playoff. The odds of us getting crushed by a team like the Avs is pretty damn high. Would we feel good if we just get stomped by them and gave up all the potential assets just to get a chance to be stomped?
5) making the playoffs should not be goal, making the playoff is how we measure if we have succeeded in building a good team.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Lol!.....the Leafs were 'Demkoed' yet again! This is still a deeply flawed roster, but with Demko it seems anything is possible.

Their blueline isn't just 'slow', it's 'slow as molasses'. They can't win a board battle even if their lives depended on it. And their PK is still patrolled by four guys who look like their skates are encased in cement.

But still, they find a way to gut out a victory. How to explain it? Boudreau is either the greatest motivator in pro sports; or Demko is threatening to become a goaltending legend in VanCity. Never seen a goalie who gets across the crease faster and shut down those cross crease shots which are usually almost automatic goals.

Still, if I was a Leafs fan, I'd have the worry-beads out heading into the post-season with the kind of goaltending they're getting right now. They may have to break down at the deadline and spend some assets to acquire somebody, like maybe Marc Andre Fleury.

AzNightmare

Unregistered User
May 11, 2011
Good team compared to Canucks from last season or earlier this season...

I think some of you guys have been watching this caliber of performance for too long and have forgotten what an actual good team looks like. lol.

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
It’s not an urge, it’s just a conclusion based around logic.

To be sure, I’m not here to argue with you on what should be the strategy. I’m just pretty impressed with the turnaround, and having some knowledge of JR, he is not usually the kind of guy to think playoffs is not what it’s about.
The old war horse will likely feel it’s progressively harder to tear things down.

Reactions: Indiana

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
if not for demko tonight. the leafs could have easily won tonight. so many turnovers. boeser oh my god those two gift wrapped goals the 2nd and the third by the leafs..

Reactions: geebaan

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Pretty shocking win. I expected the Leafs to play pissed off tonight after getting wrecked by the Sabres of all teams.

Lol @ Leafs fans who compared Campbell to Demko

Reactions: HeLord
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad