Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kraken - 5-2 (Motte, Hamonic, Podkolzin, Horvat, Pearson)

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
I dont mind Dickinson I think he would be better used with players Like Gaudreau and Paranin. Where he can be the F3 and doesnt have to generate offense.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Yeah, pretty brutal. I mean, he seemed like a useful player for Dallas. Someone made the comparison to Nate Schmidt the other day - solid role player, but just not working out here at all. Maybe that’s the case.

Nate Schmidt was very good here? Like, he wasn’t as good as Vegas but he was still solid value and one of our best players last year.

Dickinson has been closer to a Tim Schaller situation.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Schmidt was not very good here that's an exaggeration

Him and Myers this season have played at similar levels

Just not good enough for $6MM men

Reactions: CherryToke

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Nate Schmidt was very good here? Like, he wasn’t as good as Vegas but he was still solid value and one of our best players last year.

Oh, agree Schmidt wasn’t as bad as Dickinson has been. But expectations vs performance was certainly a let down. Definitely some things went into that (he and Green never seemed comfortable with each other, he never seemed comfortable in Vancouver, maybe management had something to do with it, etc) - but it was what it was.

And Dickinson is a similar, albeit worse, situation. He was a reasonably productive and young bottom six defensive forward in Dallas. His offensive production has cratered below what he averaged (which already wasn’t much), and the defensive play which seemed to be his one guranteed calling card based on all advanced statistics has evaporated. Just a guy who needs to move on to a different situation.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

He actually played well here, considering he and Edler were utilized the shutdown role.(which diminished his offensive game)..That could be one of the reasons he wasnt happy here

All of our D kinda sucked last year though...

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So, personal update for me.

My whole life, I never learned how to skate.

Always wanted to play hockey but parents never gave me the opportunity for various reasons.

So, anyways, now at 23, I finally took up skating over the past few weeks.

And it is a blast. My goal is to start playing hockey in some sort of summer league or in the fall. Slowly but surely.

HeLord

Feb 19, 2022
F**k Calgary! Dogshit franchise! Take down Seattle then destroy that piece of shit franchise on Thursday!

Reactions: Indiana

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
So, personal update for me.

My whole life, I never learned how to skate.

Always wanted to play hockey but parents never gave me the opportunity for various reasons.

So, anyways, now at 23, I finally took up skating over the past few weeks.

And it is a blast. My goal is to start playing hockey in some sort of summer league or in the fall. Slowly but surely.

Rollerblading kind of helps with the basics of skating if you are having trouble finding ice. Only problem is you cant hockey stop on roller blades

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
images

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad