Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 3-2 (SO) - Quinn has Arrived

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
upload_2019-3-28_21-46-4.png

would be lying if i said i wasn't disappointed that i lost the opportunity to fire this one off

sexydonut

May 12, 2009
I think it has more to do with how little 3v3 represents actual hockey.

It's insanely fun and will help market the game significantly.

I think the key words are "fun" and "help market."

OT without the skills of Pettersson, Boeser and Hughes would not nearly be as entertaining.

OT > the trap, or endless board battles, or anything involving Gudbransen.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
It truly beautiful that the darkest period of this era is now behind us.

Very encouraging that Boeser and Hughes seem to have insane chemistry and seem to be developing a very good relationship. Very positive all the way around aside from getting two points.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Great debut for Hughes. Love this kid. What an explosive skater and exciting talent. Great stuff.

His acceleration and first step really was what impressed me. I knew his edgework and agility were great but he just makes his moves and cuts in before anyone trying to defend him knows he's gone. He's a game-changing factor on the blue line for sure.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Quinn freaking Hughes, man. What a game. What a debut. I want to see more, like, immediately. That shift with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes in OT was awesome. Nice to see Demko have a big game, too.

Future was on full display this evening.

Also, big kudos to Edler for becoming the highest scoring defense man in Canucks’ history. Well deserved and earned.

And someone give Schenn a one year contract extension already. Good veteran partner for the kids, playing a smart game, keeping opposing forwards honest and taking shit from no one. He’s earned it.

Dr Good Vibes

Jan 18, 2010
His acceleration and first step really was what impressed me. I knew his edgework and agility were great but he just makes his moves and cuts in before anyone trying to defend him knows he's gone. He's a game-changing factor on the blue line for sure.
I knew from watching him how good his skating is but you're never sure if it will translate to the NHL level. Another thing that impressed me was the speed of his decision making. I'm really happy.

I think a lot of people underestimate the impact a great skating puck-moving D can have on a team.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
See IMO that's what will elevate Demko. When he is desperate he does some crazy stuff I've rarely seen. Of course he got a bit lucky but pretty brilliant to bend his knee like that.

He's got the instincts and the X-Factor that really separates the great from the good. That desperation that just makes them turn their brain off and let their body stop the puck without a second thought. I think Ian Clark will do a marvelous job at sharpening up the rest just like he did for Markstrom.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Quinn freaking Hughes, man. What a game. What a debut. I want to see more, like, immediately. That shift with Boeser, Pettersson and Hughes in OT was awesome. Nice to see Demko have a big game, too.

Future was on full display this evening.

Also, big kudos to Edler for becoming the highest scoring defense man in Canucks’ history. Well deserved and earned.

And someone give Schenn a one year contract extension already. Good veteran partner for the kids, playing a smart game, keeping opposing forwards honest and taking **** from no one. He’s earned it.

You know Hughes is good when even Pettersson couldn't telegraph that pass from Hughes in OT. I don't think Pettersson is used to that level of skill from defenceman.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008

Entire 3 on 3 OT.
Just watch the first Brock quinn Elias shift

Per reddit

Reactions: sting101

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad