Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 3-2 (SO) - Quinn has Arrived

WonderTwinsUnite

May 28, 2007
BC
Have to say this, Hughes brings more excitement to fans than Pettersson does.

It's like people have the memory of a goldfish in here. Until we win, fans are going to be excited by any shiny new toy if they have even a modicum of success. The first few games Pettersson played, you could nearly hear people in the stadium hold their breath when he picked up the puck.

Wait until Hughes has played 50 or so games until assessing who is more exciting. By then, it'll probably be Jack Hughes or Byram or someone else.

nuxnuxnux

May 15, 2011
It's like people have the memory of a goldfish in here. Until we win, fans are going to be excited by any shiny new toy if they have even a modicum of success. The first few games Pettersson played, you could nearly hear people in the stadium hold their breath when he picked up the puck.

Wait until Hughes has played 50 or so games until assessing who is more exciting. By then, it'll probably be Jack Hughes or Byram or someone else.
Watching the first few games of petey re ignited me being a fan, he was absolutely electric

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Pettersson is Gretzky and Hughes is Orr

It's destiny
Funny i was just thinking about the Oilers of the 80's comparisons. Pettersson is our Gretz , Horvat is our Messier (most face-off wins in the NHL this year, wow), Hughes is our Coffey, Boeser is our Kurri , Virtanen can be our Anderson ( i hope) without the dirty stick work and horrible personality, Schenn is our McSorley( without the dirty stick work) we just need a good cement head on the 4th line and we're a cup contender soon. Still have Woo, MacEwen and others coming up too.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Also seems like Pettersson is exhausted or injured, but you can tell he is going through a "slump" within his own standards. He just doesn't have the confidence to put the moves or shoot the puck like he did earlier in the season.

I think he just has to overcome being collapsed upon more defensively. Same with Boeser. The team just isn't really deep enough in terms of offense for teams to be discouraged from putting like 3 guys on each of them. Quinn will probably help a lot with that, I reckon.

timbermen

Nov 14, 2017
Schenn's alot slower but the biggest difference is he's alot better with the puck, and is more aggressive in standing up for his teammates.
True ,he's so much better positionally as well , it makes up for the lack of speed. Love the way he stands up against anyone that even sneezes towards the Pettersson or Hughes. Hughes was great for his first game too.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Both goalies put up 35+ saves and allowed 2 goals b4 shootout and the geniuses at sportsnet don't even pick one goalie as one of the 3 stars. That is why I mute sportsnet games.

Reactions: mossey3535

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
True ,he's so much better positionally as well , it makes up for the lack of speed. Love the way he stands up against anyone that even sneezes towards the Pettersson or Hughes. Hughes was great for his first game too.

He brings the shift to shift toughness we wanted from Guddy. He's been a nice fit, if he plays like this he could be a solid 6/7 for us next year.

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Funny i was just thinking about the Oilers of the 80's comparisons. Pettersson is our Gretz , Horvat is our Messier (most face-off wins in the NHL this year, wow), Hughes is our Coffey, Boeser is our Kurri , Virtanen can be our Anderson ( i hope) without the dirty stick work and horrible personality, Schenn is our McSorley( without the dirty stick work) we just need a good cement head on the 4th line and we're a cup contender soon. Still have Woo, MacEwen and others coming up too.
Lol i would love that but you gotta chill

Boose Brudreau

Guddbranson is a paper tiger
Nov 27, 2006
Schenn's alot slower but the biggest difference is he's alot better with the puck, and is more aggressive in standing up for his teammates.
i think the biggest difference is he costs $.20 on the paper tiger dollar.....and he actually brings something - other than a scowl and that sweet sweet off the glass bank pass to the other teams defenseman - to the table.

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Hughes, Pettersson & Boeser 3 on 3 are insane. Boeser shoudve had a hatrick today. Hughes with an amazing debut!

Last edited:
Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Both goalies put up 35+ saves and allowed 2 goals b4 shootout and the geniuses at sportsnet don't even pick one goalie as one of the 3 stars. That is why I mute sportsnet games.

Neither team really created many decent chances though and Demko was extremely lucky on a few empty net looks that were put wide or off the post

Star Ocean

Dec 30, 2018
I knew it. I said earlier that if hughes played like 30 games ago Pettersson would had calder locked up by now.

Why hasnt he been playing? He is already best dman. Stupid management.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->