Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Kings - 3-2 (OT) (Boeser x2, Chiasson)

Status
Not open for further replies.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lol ep with the dirty plays. Good job. Lol

Holding stick, hooking, and tripping.

That actually might be our only chance at 2 years retool instead of 5 years. Just play so dirty the next two seasons that the refs can’t call everything and we become the next Boston that have the refs in our pockets sort of.
Kelly Sutherland says hi

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
f*** yeah, boys. What a comeback. And man, Martin just continues to impress. Winning in those gorgeous skate jerseys just feels awesome too.

I like the classy gesture of congratulating Brown on his career. Hope we can close out the season with a W over the Oilers - send them into the playoffs with identity questions.

Hope we get Mike Smith and we light him up for a touchdown.

Reactions: calnuck and arttk

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
f*** yeah, boys. What a comeback. And man, Martin just continues to impress. Winning in those gorgeous skate jerseys just feels awesome too.

I like the classy gesture of congratulating Brown on his career. Hope we can close out the season with a W over the Oilers - send them into the playoffs with identity questions.
Martin is for real. We have a solid backup now. And the team trusts him which is huge. Ian Clark is the best goalie coach in the NHL. We are lucky to have him.

Reactions: Ozone and Indiana

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Hope the goals at the end here for Boeser pumps up his trade value. Despite his ups and downs, he still gets you goals every year.

He's had a bad year and he could still hit 25....as much as we harp on him, he actually skated really well tonight. I have no idea why some nights he looks like he's in quicksand and others he looks like a solid skater.

Is he out of shape? too heavy with muscle? Lazy? Whatever Bruce said to him pregame clearly worked

If he played that hard 82 games a year, I don't think any fans would want him gone.

Nucks4Life

Apr 22, 2022
Hope we get Mike Smith and we light him up for a touchdown.
I'll be surprised if they don't rest McDavid and Drai... Edmonton has clinched 2nd, neither gain anything from getting points now (no one can catch McDavid)...

Leafs are resting Marner and Matthews, around the league alot of players are being rested. Edmonton would be silly to risk injury. Hopefully cruise to a nice 6-0 win

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Good thing the Canucks woke up in the third cause for two periods that game was up for snoozer of the year.

Not really much to say. Garland looked terrific, Boeser did what he suppose to do helped by some nice, penalty-laced work by Pettersson, Martin had an overall good game and Hughes looked like best player on the ice.

Team, fully manned, is probably more than equal of LA and given a less then dreadful start might well be in the playoffs ahead of them. But it is also a little disheartening to see how young and good the Kings line up is, and how, with the other prospects they have, what a future they have. Could have been us if we had ever really gone full rebuild.

That said, ending the season on good note and maybe some of it can carry through to next season (although that rarely seems to happen).

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
He's had a bad year and he could still hit 25....as much as we harp on him, he actually skated really well tonight. I have no idea why some nights he looks like he's in quicksand and others he looks like a solid skater.

Is he out of shape? too heavy with muscle? Lazy? Whatever Bruce said to him pregame clearly worked

If he played that hard 82 games a year, I don't think any fans would want him gone.

Depends on price tag going forward id hold him if he signs reasonable deal but the team needs size up front which would really help EP Miller and Horvat too

Nov 1, 2011
Another fun game although the first two periods felt like games we played under Green.

Felt like Garland is the guy you can't trade, he drags the team into games when they're not going.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
Garland is like a fly out there the way he changes direction almost instantaneously. He uses that ability very effectively when he is carrying the puck, buying him loads of time, but he also uses it on the forecheck, where he catches the puck carrier completely off guard, and that makes him the teams best forechecker. At < 5 million, you have to keep this guy (sorry Boeser).

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Garland is like a fly out there the way he changes direction almost instantaneously. He uses that ability very effectively when he is carrying the puck, buying him loads of time, but he also uses it on the forecheck, where he catches the puck carrier completely off guard, and that makes him the teams best forechecker. At < 5 million, you have to keep this guy (sorry Boeser).

I would like to keep Garland, but that would obviously depend on what is coming the other way.

Reactions: Indiana

Spectrefire

Jan 3, 2013
Man, Spencer Martin has been such a revelation this season. Sure it's five games and a small sample size, but what he's shown has been absolutely consistent and he's looks like the real deal in terms of our permanent back-up next season.

I don't know how this team does it, but we've been absolutely blessed with consistent and quality goaltending, sometimes from out of nowhere since Luongo became a Canuck.

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller, Markstrom, Demko, Martin.

Reactions: Indiana

PuckMunchkin

Very Nice, Very Evil!
Dec 13, 2006
Lapland
Man, Spencer Martin has been such a revelation this season. Sure it's five games and a small sample size, but what he's shown has been absolutely consistent and he's looks like the real deal in terms of our permanent back-up next season.

I don't know how this team does it, but we've been absolutely blessed with consistent and quality goaltending, sometimes from out of nowhere since Luongo became a Canuck.

Luongo, Schneider, Lack, Miller, Markstrom, Demko, Martin.
1651235532526.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad