Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Isles - 4-3 (OT) | Oh New Captain, My New Captain!

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
Hughes in OT was like

1700124890469.gif

to BoJesus

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
The Oilers board is completely broken.

Now, apparently, the league favored the Sedin-era Canucks.

The copium is real, lmaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
They also think we have the little brother syndrome

Imagine thinking you are anyone’s big brother when you and your team literally live in Edmonton.

Vancouver is a world-wide known city. In contrast, your average American don’t even know what the f*** is Edmonton.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Honestly been thinking about it, Miller is getting but IMO not enough credit for what he's done this season. Very, very impressed with how he's been this year.

Me when Canucks win:

"I love hockey!" - Kanye West, The Love Guru
I know Pettersson has been leading in points for the most part but IMO Miller has clearly been our best forward, he's been a beast in every situation, faceoffs, board battles, etc.

Leading by example with his effort on the ice. And although Boeser and PDG deserve credit for their individual performances, Miller absolutely drives the line. It wasn't long ago that PDG was a journeyman tweener type and Boeser looked completely lost and useless.

Pettersson though has another gear but who knows when we'll see it given his apparent injuries.

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver
They also think we have the little brother syndrome

Imagine thinking you are anyone’s big brother when you and your team literally live in Edmonton.

Vancouver is a world-wide known city. In contrast, your average American don’t even know what the f*** is Edmonton.

They still make riot jokes, which is even funnier because a Stanley Cup Final riot means the oilers have actually accomplished something aside from McDrai existing. Would also probably improve the liveability of downtown Edmonton too if we’re being honest.

I know Pettersson has been leading in points for the most part but IMO Miller has clearly been our best forward, he's been a beast in every situation, faceoffs, board battles, etc.

Leading by example with his effort on the ice. And although Boeser and PDG deserve credit for their individual performances, Miller absolutely drives the line. It wasn't long ago that PDG was a journeyman tweener type and Boeser looked completely lost and useless.

Pettersson though has another gear but who knows when we'll see it given his apparent injuries.

How fun is it that we’re like “oh we have to pick who is more Eliter out of our super elite centremen???”

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I love this team. Not sure how far back in the archives you have to go to find me saying that. A decade plus.
This is harder to process than 3 Canucks tied for Art Ross race

Don’t jump ship if they end up a wild card team

They still make riot jokes, which is even funnier because a Stanley Cup Final riot means the oilers have actually accomplished something aside from McDrai existing. Would also probably improve the liveability of downtown Edmonton too if we’re being honest.

How fun is it that we’re like “oh we have to pick who is more Eliter out of our super elite centremen???”
Imagine bragging about cups that happened during an era where goalies were just pylons

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver

I’ve drank too much koolaid to get off the wagon now. They’re shit kicking the two months of the season they usually look like a house league team in.

I literally need to rethink my spring plans after April — I was going to travel but I might have to wait. I haven’t had to think about this for so long.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
I’ve drank too much koolaid to get off the wagon now. They’re shit kicking the two months of the season they usually look like a house league team in.

I literally need to rethink my spring plans after April — I was going to travel but I might have to wait. I haven’t had to think about this for so long.
I unignored Johnny just to make sure it actually happened

petterdaddy

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2023
Vancouver

Imagine bragging about cups that happened during an era where goalies were just pylons

Imagine bragging about anything when your team pays Darnell Nurse 9.25M. Next the Oilers are gonna hire McDavid’s kindergarten teacher as the team psychologist or something

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Imagine bragging about anything when your team pays Darnell Nurse 9.25M. Next the Oilers are gonna hire McDavid’s kindergarten teacher as the team psychologist or something
McDavid being in Edmonton is a crime

The league is trying to grow the game in the US yet the best player is in a place that’s closer to Polar bear than any big US markets

Drai is going to leave and McDavid will follow right after

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Riot jokes are really good because it basically shows how much more Canucks fans care about hockey. Edmontonians would quietly go back to their homes after losing because they simply don't care enough.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Not gonna lie—went to bed when it was 0-2 after the 1st. I can’t stay up for every weeknight game. Especially if they aren’t trending in the right direction. This is how east coast bias occurs.

Pleasantly surprised to see that they made the comeback! Love the symbolism of our new captain Quinn Hughes scoring the OT winner against the former captain Bo Horvat!

Reactions: geebaan

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Honestly the Canucks got lucky in this one. Demko was shakey, the defense was porous, and the refs lent a helping hand for the Canucks in this game.
Really hoping that Kuz is okay, that Miller shot to the face was devastating.

How about that slapper from Hronek? I could of sworn that was Salo. Amazing.

The Canucks are first in the West. Hughes, Miller and Pettersson are tied for first in scoring. Boeser is first for goals. What could be better?!

Top put the cherry on the top, Captain Hughes buries it on a breakaway from a beautiful pass from JT.

All amazing things from a highly entertaining game, but I think we got lucky last night. The Canucks definitely need another capable defenseman who can play in the top 4. No more of this Hughes/Juulsen BS.

What a great day, bring on Calgary.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Missed this game. Looking at the underlying data looks like it took the canucks a bit of time to get going but ultimately handily out chanced the Isles.

Reactions: Nomobo

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Missed this game. Looking at the underlying data looks like it took the canucks a bit of time to get going but ultimately handily out chanced the Isles.

the first was a mess but we carried the play the rest of the way, albeit playing very sloppily in our own end, until nyi surged again after the hronek goal

The Canucks are first in the West. Hughes, Miller and Pettersson are tied for first in scoring. Boeser is first for goals. What could be better?!

also hughes, petey, jtm, and hronek 1, 2, 4, 4 in assissts

Reactions: thekernel

jd22

Aug 16, 2008
Texel, Netherlands
@Billy Kvcmu

869m8u.jpg

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 17.52.56.png

* Yes, polar bears can range up to 400km inland but this inland ranging varies across their spatiotemporal distribution, therefore I selected the nearest Arctic coastline* as a proxy for polar bear presence.

*The island of Newfoundland has been excluded due to the seasonal and sporadic appearance of polar bears on the island.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad