Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Isles - 4-3 (OT) | Oh New Captain, My New Captain!

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
It's almost like guys who have years of track record of playing terrific hockey are given the benefit of the doubt and guys who are shit players are not.

Also in Pettersson's case Tocchet has mentioned - twice - that he's banged up and nursing an injury so this isn't a 'secret mystery injury' invented by fans.

I do agree about the afternoon game injury thing. That's dumb as hell.
...and the goal Petey just scored suggests that there isn't a thing wrong with him...

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
Not hating on Petey at all; as usual you miss my point. Which is that the favoured sons of this franchise never have bad or indifferent games, it's always because they are secretly nursing some mystery injury that makes any sub standard play not their fault. When Lou pulled his groin in an afternoon road game not only was that the primary excuse for any crummy play he might have produced for about a year it also created a collective neurosis in a segment of this fanbase about... afternoon start road games that permeates to this day. Funny I never ever hear anybody suggesting that Myers bad play might be because of some unknown mystery injury. An excuse, pure and simple.

You're the one who turned a simple jokey comment into...whatever the hell this is, lmao.

It's just bizarre, speaking of neuroses, how certain segments of this fanbase have to carve into the team when it's doing well. There was that other dude at the start of this thread.

I don't understand it and I don't understand the point you're making. Myers has been bottom-tier prior to coming to Vancouver and...continued to play at a comparable level after coming here.

It's also weird that EP is the one focused on, given that he was seeing criticism last season for indifferent/bored play.

I don't get it, but whatever...I honestly wasn't trying to turn this into a pissing match.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015
OK I'll bite, where, pray tell, is this injury? His wrist? Ankle? Groin? That goal was classic Petey. No evidence of anything wrong with him there.
You seem to have me confused with Ricky T.

E: Just cos a player did something doesn't mean they aren't injured. Like c'mon.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
You're the one who turned a simple jokey comment into...whatever the hell this is, lmao.

It's just bizarre, speaking of neuroses, how certain segments of this fanbase have to carve into the team when it's doing well. There was that other dude at the start of this thread.

I don't understand it and I don't understand the point you're making. Myers has been bottom-tier prior to coming to Vancouver and...continued to play at a comparable level after coming here.

It's also weird that EP is the one focused on, given that he was seeing criticism last season for indifferent/bored play.

I don't get it, but whatever...I honestly wasn't trying to turn this into a pissing match.
Not carving the team, just its neurotic and hateful fanbase.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
I mean if you aren't, then what's the point of your statement?

EP is playing badly? Like I don't know where this path is taking us.
Again, you're not getting it. EP is playing fine, just like he normally plays. He has some games where he seems rather disengaged and not totally interested though and even though these games don't really hurt the team that much (he still seems to get his points) they contrast sharply to the games where he really dominates. I think he is a bit inconsistent which is hardly a crime but his legion refuses to believe that he is anything less than fantastic every night and so when he disappears a bit they immediately start talking about some secret injury. Petey IS almost certainly a player who is, as I call him, a Ferrari, a superstar when he is in perfect fettle and tuned up with the correct gas in him etc. but when not quite in tune runs rough and breaks down a bit more than the Chevy's and Ford's of the team. Believe me if he gets any sort of REAL injury he won't be nearly as effective as he is now even in his off moments.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Again, you're not getting it. EP is playing fine, just like he normally plays. He has some games where he seems rather disengaged and not totally interested though and even though these games don't really hurt the team that much (he still seems to get his points) they contrast sharply to the games where he really dominates. I think he is a bit inconsistent which is hardly a crime but his legion refuses to believe that he is anything less than fantastic every night and so when he disappears a bit they immediately start talking about some secret injury. Petey IS almost certainly a player who is, as I call him, a Ferrari, a superstar when he is in perfect fettle and tuned up with the correct gas in him etc. but when not quite in tune runs rough and breaks down a bit more than the Chevy's and Ford's of the team. Believe me if he gets any sort of REAL injury he won't be nearly as effective as he is now even in his off moments.

The team has acknowledged that he's playing hurt, you f***ing turnip. Good goddamn grief.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad