Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Flames - 7-1 (Bure x2, Linden x2, Courtnall x2, Adams) - McLean comes up big

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Will the Flames be able to stop Lammikko? This is the big question.

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Markstrom with the shutout, Toffoli scores with a Tanev assist.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Markstrom, Tanev and Tofoli.....all core pieces of the Canucks bubble team....and Benning apparently didn't have the cap room to sign any of them. Instead he invested his money in re-upping Virtanen and then signing Holby as a backup. And after a season bought both out.

Seems a pretty fitting epitaph for the outgoing regime.

Baby Pettersson

Mar 8, 2014
Saskatoon
Markstrom, Tanev and Tofoli.....all core pieces of the Canucks bubble team....and Benning apparently didn't have the cap room to sign any of them. Instead he invested his money in re-upping Virtanen and then signing Holby as a backup. And after a season bought both out.

Seems a pretty fitting epitaph for the outgoing regime.

I still find this hilarious. First successful run Benning has as a GM then he fails to retain everyone who led the team in the playoffs lol.

Reactions: mriswith

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Keeping Demko and letting Marky go was and still is the right move.

I agreed with letting Tanev go. Hasn't worked out and he'd be a great piece right now. But his play looked to be slipping (Green effect) and injuries were taking there toll. Re-signing Willie Mitchell in hindsight would have been the right move, but similar to Tanev, I agreed with it at the time and can't really complain.

Toffoli was bad. Shoulda been a priority to keep a player meshing well with our (hopefully) franchise center.

Don't matter now though. They're Shames so eff em all. (After they retire Tanev should probably get a spot on the RoF, Markstrom a nice ovation, and Toffoli, well, good 10 games kid).

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
stick in rink is awful. worst in the nhl.

No way. I'm a big fan of the SnR. Soooo much better than the stupid spaghetti skate and the orca. Black always looks good as a jersey but love how distinct and appropriate to location our current color scheme is. Lose the orca for the stick n rink and call it done.

Reactions: Zippgunn

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
100% guaranteed pointless win. Zero chance we lose. I’m betting 100$ on it.

BWJM

Sponsor
Mar 16, 2011
What's our record when we wear the black jerseys? I feel like it's bad.

The Vasili Jerry

Serenity now!
Jun 11, 2011
Orange County
Let's do this!

Black_Flying_Skate_Poster.jpg

ChuckNorris4Cup

May 31, 2018
I didn't know it was a skate jersey night until now, now I have to watch it, those are the best jerseys ever. And if you don't agree well you don't need to tell me it's ok :laugh:

Reactions: CorvetteClayton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad