Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 5-1 (Horvat x2, Chiasson x2, Pettersson)

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Anyone else catch when they flashed to Shorty and Cheech it looked like a tin of some kind of canned fish beside Cheech?

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Anyone else catch when they flashed to Shorty and Cheech it looked like a tin of some kind of canned fish beside Cheech?
At what time, in the 3rd? Icould still rewind it

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
I’d keep Chiasson at this price to output ratio if it means we can trade Boeser

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
At what time, in the 3rd? Icould still rewind it

I can't remember but they were standing side by side in the booth an it was on the counter beside Cheech.

Looked like this style of tin:

JPEG-image-2-7.jpeg

But maybe wasn't anchovies. Still probably smelt great though.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Coyotes obviously are an awful team, but those were some nice goals tonight. EP great again and another nice night for Chiasson.

I don't know what the stats are, but I swear the Canucks must have 5+ opposition goals called back with the (bad) offside rule this year and they are all at key times in the game.

Reactions: geebaan and M2Beezy

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
A very good source of mine has told me that Jim Benning tried to get into the Canucks locker room after the game with a 5x$5 contract written on a napkin for Chiasson. Luckily security turned him away.

It has been nice to see Chiasson fill in that Boeser role, and one would think he may stay there an extra game when Boeser comes back to see if he can continue the hot streak.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Chaisson's a friggen star - who knew. Well its garbage time and Coyotes are terrible so.... Like any assessment, at this point, needs to be recognized that circumstances must be considered. One thing for sure is that the Yotes know how to go about tanking - something the Canucks should have learned over the years when they going for every point when they didn't have damn chance of making the playoffs

Good

Horvat - guy keeps pumping in the goals and winning face-offs. Strong game in every way tonight

Pettersson - one of the best things to like is how persistent he is on the puck and how he keeps control of it. Another very good game.

Podkolzin - is making amazing improvements. With Garland best on the team at retrieving the puck. Some nice passes in this game. Shows he can control the puck and not move till he wants to.

Halak - made some very important saves early on and overall was good. Got helped by the off-side call but showing he is still NHL caliber.

Chaisson - getting into possible contract time and Chaisson knows which side his bread is butter on. He was excellent all over the ice and moved puck well. Ending the season strong.

OEL - assumed a leadership position with Hughes out of the lineup. HIs play of the PP makes you wonder if he is better there a than Hughes. Again I think being with Schenn helped

Myers - you can criticize Myers all you want but he was a force in this game and the best d-man on the ice

Weak

Dickinson - can make a case he was adequate and for the most part he was. However, he is an absolute dead end offensively and still very weak along the boards. Play on the one goal against was mostly Dermott's fault but Dickinson was terribly slow and weak reacting to the turnover.

Others

Hunt - another very solid game and I can see were you could call good in this game.

Burroughs - comes to compete and a physical presence. However, gets caught up ice too much. If he could improve reads and get a little more ahead of the play would be close to being a bona vide NHLer.

Dermott - stepped up play in the last couple of games. Forced the play badly on the goal against but was ok on the PK and is showing increased mobility.

Lochwood - best game to date. Seems some hope for this player if he can improve passing and game sense.

Watching the putrid Eriksson ass around giving a half hearted effort brought back terrible memories. Disgraceful yet hugely rich player. Beagle was no better and the best that can be said of him in this game is that he didn't go after one of weaker players.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Where ya going Mr C

Just touched down in Vancouver. First time back here / getting on a plane since the Sedin retirement game.

Nice to be back!

And a 5-1 win! f***ing WOOOOOO boys.

Horvat with our first 30 goal season since Vrbata.

Petey with another multi point night.

Chiasson making pretty plays? What?

OEL and Garland both getting apples in a triumphant return to the dessert.

Maybe the secret to Canuck wins is me being unable to watch. :laugh:

RebuildinVan

Jun 25, 2017
Picking 15th right now. Hell with the draft...I want a magical 10 game run to finish the season and get in the playoffs on the last day. We have Miller, playoff Bo, Petey back and Demko

• Haha
Reactions: bh53 and David71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad