Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Coyotes - 3-2 (OT) (Horvat x2, Boeser)

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Throw pretzels at him.

@valkynax this is your queue to post a GIF.

I heed the call.
simpsons-pretzels.gif

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
This is it.

The lowly Coyotes are going to dunk on the Canucks in yet another embarrassing defeat.

BB will be fired before the weekend is out.

I can't decide if it will be a rout, a game that looks close on paper but was out of reach, or a blown lead.

BB will have exactly 82 games as the Canucks coach, with 95 points. A classic 15OA drafting team.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat and LordBacon

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
This is it.

The lowly Coyotes are going to dunk on the Canucks in yet another embarrassing defeat.

I can't decide if it will be a routine, a game that looks close on paper but was out of reach, or a blown lead.

BB will have exactly 82 games as the Canucks coach, with 95 points. A classic 15OA drafting team.

What will be more likely is that they will squeeze their ass cheeks and edge out a win.

Aquaman will post some good vibe tweet, Moleman and Allvin get to continue on their path of delusion and self-satisfaction.

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
This is it.

I can't decide if it will be a routine, a game that looks close on paper but was out of reach, or a blown lead.

We keep saying BB is getting fired.

He's not. No one in the organization is.

But you know who is getting fired?
You.
Me.
Everyone on HF Canucks.
It's true. We have been laid off from enjoyable hockey. f*** you FAQ.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
I don’t get some pro-tank people complaining at starting bad players over better options.

Or am I just seeing things

Reactions: theguardianII

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Arizona is what 4 or 5 pts back with 3 games in hand? A win should help them pass the Vancouver Canucks

Anaheim has 32 locked up imo & Chicago is probably good for 31st the battle for the Vancouver Canucks will being to try to out maneuver Buffalo, San Jose, Arizona & Philly for 30th

Losing the next 2 feels like important achievements

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
This team does not deserve our attention or loyalty.

The majority of the players are dialed out and just going through the motions.

The ownership is just tongue waging.

There's no Fire or passion or FIGHT in this roster...sad and hard to watch
This is so f***ing accurate it hurts.
No identify, just a team thats there participating, kind of.
Not elite, not rebuilding, not even mediocre.
No prospects to look forward to.
No cap, no picks, no direction.

Blueberry boi you should be f***ing ashamed.
All you had to do is hire competent people and let them do their jobs.
But your ego got in the way and you just had to meddle with everything.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia

Then we don’t deserve to watch any games live if Canucks are contenders hypothetically say in 4 years

• Haha
Reactions: Jannik Hansen

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
Stillman still playing after his performance yesterday is just hilarious.
No a distraction. He is what he is, a young guy learning the game. He is only worth dissing if you believe the team was losing because of him. This is sort of what it might look like when there is a blow up of the team, lots of not so good play from young players, if anything embrace and support the effort.

Of course the team uses him as a distraction from the good player screwing up, the sacrificial lamb for the mob/fans to bitch about.

Don't get hooked by that bait, it is too obvious
I’m going to this game in the company dime, so I’ll be yelling at Stillman that he’s trash
Take a few paper shopping bags and put them over your head, you will get much more attention than being one of a thousand yelling and a picture is worth a thousand words.
Punishment for a bad performance evaluation?:sarcasm:
What they should really have done was all of them go out to a hotel and get drunk TOGETHER, the bad blood could be expunged a bit. There used to be a few donny brooks at the Mountain Shadow

Looks like what Bruce said, stats players. Which means selfish play, individual not team effort.

A couple of things going for the Yotes, age and speed. They are bigger on average than the Nux too.

For the Canucks they may play a very stout defence for Martin.

Arizona has some decent goaltending but seem to be stuck scoring only 4 goals of late.

Canucks will need to score 5 to win

theguardianII

Jan 30, 2020
This is so f***ing accurate it hurts.
No identify, just a team thats there participating, kind of.
Not elite, not rebuilding, not even mediocre.
No prospects to look forward to.
No cap, no picks, no direction.

Blueberry boi you should be f***ing ashamed.
All you had to do is hire competent people and let them do their jobs.
But your ego got in the way and you just had to meddle with everything.
Would you say Melnyk meddled? Molson's? Jacobs? Lemeiux? Wirtz? Dundon? Gaglardi?
All have been known to be out spoken and had a direct hand in their teams operations. Most of the quiet owners don't have successful teams. Hands on owners have winners.
Ever since the fan/media revolt in 2013 the owners have been silent and the team is in the dumpster since then.
Billionaires don't' get that much money and keep it by not holding peoples feet to the fire, if they were meddling they would not let a decade go by and stay silent.

Jimmy Pattison was/is a beast for production out of his employees and very hands on.

This Blue berry boy knows it takes 2 or 3 years before a bush produces, it takes patience. He has grown up learning patience. He has also grown up surrounded by hockey players and execs like Quinn, Smyl and Howe.

I think there is some other reason for your hate of him. He has been everything fans could hope for local, open cheque book if anything I wish he was a little more hand on so this type of incompetence would be given a shorter leash.

The rest of your post is very accurate though

Reactions: LordBacon

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
Would you say Melnyk meddled? Molson's? Jacobs? Lemeiux? Wirtz? Dundon? Gaglardi?
All have been known to be out spoken and had a direct hand in their teams operations. Most of the quiet owners don't have successful teams. Hands on owners have winners.
Ever since the fan/media revolt in 2013 the owners have been silent and the team is in the dumpster since then.
Billionaires don't' get that much money and keep it by not holding peoples feet to the fire, if they were meddling they would not let a decade go by and stay silent.

Jimmy Pattison was/is a beast for production out of his employees and very hands on.

This Blue berry boy knows it takes 2 or 3 years before a bush produces, it takes patience. He has grown up learning patience. He has also grown up surrounded by hockey players and execs like Quinn, Smyl and Howe.

I think there is some other reason for your hate of him. He has been everything fans could hope for local, open cheque book if anything I wish he was a little more hand on so this type of incompetence would be given a shorter leash.

Hence why I said meddle with “everything”
Obviously owners will have to oversee his company to a certain degree. People get content and lazy without being pushed time to time.

But as the product on ice presenting, this ideology of a “quick fix and right back at the playoffs” never worked, at least for the Canucks situation, which has been pretty evident.
I’m saying this for myself, I hate to see my team stuck in no man’s land for another decade. Pick a direction and let your team work on it, if pushing for the playoffs didn’t work for the last decade and the owner doesn’t let that idea go then I guess he isn’t as bright as the other numerous owners you mentioned and I suggest he consider taking another approach before he further tanks the value of his team.

BACON OUT!

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC

Frankie, though, hires hockey people and doesn’t listen to them. Patience? Ask Linden if FAQ has patience.
Patience? Frankie has patience? Ask his children if their father has patience. Ask his farm workers if Frankie has the patience to wait for them to pre or have a drink of water. Ask his tenants if Frankie has the patience for fixing up the places they live in.
Aquilini is a horrible human being, and yes, I have firsthand knowledge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad