Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blackhawks - 5-2 (Kuzmenko x2, Joshua, Dries, Horvat)

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Agreed. That kind of player is however expendable which I'm sure we both can agree on, but he needs to get his spot back on PP1 as well to get his looks. In the past year, what's his role even been on that? He basically just fetches pucks to give to anyone that's not himself immediately. That entire PP has been run thru the same 4 guys (Miller, Horvat, Hughes, and Petey)...and Kuzmenko's supplanted him because he's better at facilitating that role to set up the same 3 scripted plays we always try and use to score.

Like, no wonder his value is at an all-time low. He's been misused for sure. Part of that is he's an extraneous player with a redundant skill set to the team. He has a role in this league where he can be successful just...not on this team.

Hit the nail on the head especially the PP bit. Would be nice for the short term to flip Miller and Boeser to see if you can get his value up. Or maybe after Bo goes you shift Miller to his spot to move Brock to the half wall?

You can't really just say "Oh just put him back on the PP" when he's not that good on the PP. He's certainly not better than any of the guys they have out there right now and in the past he's racked up points being the 5th best guy on the unit. If you want to make the team worse and throw him out there to get some second assists to flip him then sure. But he's got plenty of opportunities out there on PP1 in the last month replacing Kuzmenko and he hasn't been good.

This isn't about a player being misused.. this is about other players just being better.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
You can't really just say "Oh just put him back on the PP" when he's not that good on the PP. He's certainly not better than any of the guys they have out there right now and in the past he's racked up points being the 5th best guy on the unit. If you want to make the team worse and throw him out there to get some second assists to flip him then sure. But he's got plenty of opportunities out there on PP1 in the last month replacing Kuzmenko and he hasn't been good.

This isn't about a player being misused.. this is about other players just being better.

Its about having your aces in their places. Putting Brock out where they have been isn't using him effectively and probably hurts the PP. Putting him where he should be on the PP helps the PP especially if you aren't taking a main cog off but just moving them.

I think Miler is good enough to be anywhere on the PP and make it work... I don't think Brock is. I think he would again thrive on the wall shooting.

All of this is again specifically to try and pump some value up for him.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Its about having your aces in their places. Putting Brock out where they have been isn't using him effectively and probably hurts the PP. Putting him where he should be on the PP helps the PP especially if you aren't taking a main cog off but just moving them.

I think Miler is good enough to be anywhere on the PP and make it work... I don't think Brock is. I think he would again thrive on the wall shooting.

All of this is again specifically to try and pump some value up for him.

Who do you take off the current PP? There's nobody you can replace with Boeser not make it worse.

If you can get that Bo trade done, that would the time to make a move with the unit and include Boeser.

ChilliBilly

Aug 22, 2007
chilliwacki
People WANT to trade Kuzmenko. People saying that if we don't trade Kuzmenko, it'll be a huge failure.

An extension is by far the better move.

Canucks won't go into the deadline without an extension in place. They'll ship him out for sure at that point.
An extension is the better move, if, and only if, its at a manageable number. The one thing we don't want to do, is fail to trade him, and then not sign him. Which is what we usually do.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Who do you take off the current PP? There's nobody you can replace with Boeser not make it worse.

If you can get that Bo trade done, that would the time to make a move with the unit and include Boeser.

I am saying if we are not trying to pump Brocks value Kuze looks better there and is more suited to that current spot.

If we trade Horvat, than maybe move Miller to Horvats spot, have Kuze stay at the down low spot and Boeser to the half wall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad