Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Blackhawks - 3-1 (Chiasson, Boeser, Schenn)

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Science fact: Rabbits (among other animals) actually eat their turds for food once in a while as their bodies cannot properly digest what they consume 'the first time thru'.

I have no idea how I know that.
Everyone knows that!

Right?

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
That's what I Initially wondered.... But then how do you associate a pt% to just 5on5... So I just assumed it was just the record during that sample size...

Yeah. I am left scratching my head, because I don't think it makes sense that there are 8 teams with a better record than ours over the last 20 games. Is there?

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Wow I didnt know that Schenn empty netter was the first goal scored by a dman since Bruce got hired.

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Wow I didnt know that Schenn empty netter was the first goal scored by a dman since Bruce got hired.
Luke for Norris. :)

We missed the empty net slayers uncle Louie and his aprentice Pearson. No empty net was safe with those two on the ice.

Reactions: jd22

bobbyb2009

Sep 3, 2009
Colorado (18-1-1), Florida (14-5-1), Toronto (14-4-2), Tampa (13-5-2), Minnesota (14-4-2), Carolina (16-3-1), Pittsburgh (15-3-2), and Boston (13-6-1).

Thanks.

That Colorado record is insane. Wow.

There must be some awful records but some teams over that period to allow these records.

Canucks 12-4-4

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria

Yeah, Schenn has been great. Pound for pound, probably one of the best UFA signings in the league last summer. Makes no sense to me to trade him short of an big overpayment.

Hard to complain about a solid win, but didn't love BB's lineup decisions. He's earned the benefit of the doubt for now though.

PP is a dumpster fire. Have to wonder why King was kept on staff. Don't like the personnel decisions, execution is abysmal...playoffs won't happen guaranteed if the PP doesn't get going.

PK looks to have found some jump. Getting close to the lofty heights of 70%!!

EP has taken a step back last couple games. Don't really like him with Bo. Think I'd try switching EP and Boeser.

Playoffs are a stretch, but if we can play at a pace under Bruce that would have qualified, that would be something to build on.

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Thanks.

That Colorado record is insane. Wow.

There must be some awful records but some teams over that period to allow these records.

Canucks 12-4-4
The Eastern Conference and Central Division are essentially Finished standings wise. Dallas can still make it thanks to the pacific, but its going to be very hard for them to break the top 4.
Its only the pacific that is in contention and the first two spots are probably going to Calgary and Vegas.

Reactions: DarrenX

DL44

Status quo
Sep 26, 2006
The Eastern Conference and Central Division are essentially Finished standings wise. Dallas can still make it thanks to the pacific, but its going to be very hard for them to break the top 4.
Its only the pacific that is in contention and the first two spots are probably going to Calgary and Vegas.
I have zero faith in Edm... LA and Ana I don't think continue on their current records... (Could be wrong about LA)... We shall see.. A good run here and we could muscle into a 3 seed...
Goaltending there... D there, pk coming back... 5on5 play there... Need the PP to step up now to steal us points...

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Hughes is like an umbrella back there. Oddly becoming better on D than O, only time I don't like his play is on the PP.

Also, wtf is up with the whole PP?

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
PP is a dumpster fire. Have to wonder why King was kept on staff. Don't like the personnel decisions, execution is abysmal...playoffs won't happen guaranteed if the PP doesn't get going.

Agree with your post. Just wanted to comment on this. I think King has done a poor job. We have like zero set plays. When was the last time we scored on a set play?

When Shaw was hired, I thought that he was going to have a chance to run the PP (despite no having done it in the past). Regardless, the PP is something that Boudreau or Walker could easily have input on.

The PP against Calgary should have prompted the Canucks to make changes.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri

If you go by points.

If you go by PT% they’ve still only passed Chicago the last 20 games.

It’s hard to catch that many teams. Why? Well because when one goes in a slump another goes on a tear. Some ground has been made up on a couple teams of course but no ground has been made up on others. And that’s the problem when there are 4 or 5 teams between you and a playoff spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: DarrenX

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
Wasn't the busiest night, but since I questioned him getting the start I'll give credit to Halak for holding up and getting the win.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
If you go by points.

If you go by PT% they’ve still only passed Chicago the last 20 games.

It’s hard to catch that many teams. Why? Well because when one goes in a slump another goes on a tear. Some ground has been made up on a couple teams of course but no ground has been made up on others. And that’s the problem when there are 4 or 5 teams between you and a playoff spot.
That and the loser point.

Reactions: tantalum

likash

Apr 17, 2019
We have a 4-8. record in jan. The loser point makes us look better. Writing 4-4-4 to make it look better is bulljive.The truth is we only managed to win 4 games. The outstanding december is keeping us close but we will need a similar streak to have a real chance.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Colorado (18-1-1), Florida (14-5-1), Toronto (14-4-2), Tampa (13-5-2), Minnesota (14-4-2), Carolina (16-3-1), Pittsburgh (15-3-2), and Boston (13-6-1).

I continue to be surprised with the Wild. Maybe there is something to them trying to get JT. Especially with retention, they can replace Rask with JT and get 2 kicks at the can in a weaker Western C0nference.

WishfulThinker

Jun 10, 2021
Is it possible to assign Jason King to Abbotsford for a conditioning stint, and like, forget him there?

Unless this is some secret ploy to tank the team, management should care about the results of the powerplay and do something about it.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
I think the thought was that it would be unfair to can Jason King so quickly into his coaching career so they were going to give him the season. Barring something unforeseen, that will be a quick change after the season though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad