Post-Game Talk: Canucks def. Avs - 3-1 (Boeser, Miller, Horvat)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
HD scoring chances were even
:eek3::eek3:

Wild
definite improvement from that schlacking last week where they were 3 For and 16 against

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Dermott and Hughes with the two highest defensive impacts in the game
:thumbu:

Colorado should really consider benching Jack Johnson, guy got slaughtered, and was a MASSIVE outlier for them in a bad way.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
I missed the first but it was a good game by the boys. They PKed well on all 4 penalties I saw and did a great job interfering with the Av transition game. We beat a good team today and should be happy about it. Hopefully they can replicate the effort tomorrow and Demko has a good game.

orcatown

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Just when you given up, the team puts together an effort like this. Funny but players that went into the TD looking awful suddenly spring to life.

Good

Halak - man the irony. Leads the team to a great win but you wish he was doing this earlier so they could have maybe gotten something for him. Great in this game and you wonder with Demko tiring whether Demko could have won this game.

Miller - another two points and big in the late going defensively. Maybe starts a new streak

Boeser - great goal and much more in the play. Games like this make it a lot easier to either resign him or trade him in the off season. We'll see if he can maintain this level since for much of the season he hasn't.

OEL - there were times in this game when he looked like the player that broke into the League. Showed some good wheels and was strong around his net

Highmore - another game were his puck management and checking were very good. Line showed decently and Richardson showed his smarts throughout game

Schenn - he is revelation this season. A player that looked totally done a couple of season ago is emerging as real solid NHL d-man regardless of the competition

Pettersson - nice pass on the Boeser goal and surprisingly another excellent defensive game. In many games this season, his offensive game has looked poor but there is an obvious improvement in his defense. Hopeful things can all come together and he will become a more complete player.

Garland - With Garland and Miller we have 2/3s of an elite line. A major objective moving ahead is finding that other piece. Could make a case for Pearson the way he played in this game but overall I don't see him as elite enough.

Others

Dermott - tried to watch for him but Shorthouse didn't identify him often even when he had the puck. Overall I didn't notice him much which I guess is a good thing. Could see, however, that he has NHL speed

Hunt - beginning to establish he is legit. Showing an increasing range in his play and growing ability to get the puck out of his zone cleanly. Might be the most improved player on the team

Horvat - skated better but I didn't think he handled puck well on some of chances he got. Tended to just bounce of his stick.

Great win but it is a little dismaying that some players weren't doing as well before the TD making it easier to move them. Just the way things run in Canuck land. Timing never seems on our side.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Please go watch Colorado games in which they’ve played well. I’ve watched at least 20 of their games this year. If you genuinely think this was they playing well, I have a timeshare to sell you.
Maybe it wasnt the Av's best game.,...but its pretty clear that every time the Canucks do win....It's always conditional, as far as you're concerned...The other team 'didnt even try', or the other team is' pathetically bad'...or we only won because of our goalie.

The Canucks are a frustrating team to watch at times..I get that...but sometimes,..they put in a full team effort, and deserve credit for that.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
Maybe it wasnt the Av's best game.,...but its pretty clear that every time the Canucks do win....It's always conditional, as far as you're concerned...The other team 'didnt even try', or the other team is' pathetically bad'...or we only won because of our goalie.

The Canucks are a frustrating team to watch at times..I get that...but sometimes,..they put in a full team effort, and deserve credit for that.
Excellent post, don't know how you have the patience for that kind of stuff however.

Feb 20, 2013
On a side note, Petey's offensive output is wanting this year but his defensive play has improved tremendously, smart players always find a way to improve themselves.
He was always elite defensively. It part of why he was a legitimate Hart candidate his first 2 seasons. He just needs to be given more PK time and more shutdown responsibility.

Just finished watching the game. Tightly contested, but the Canucks were the better team at 5 on 5. The officiating was very one-sided. I don't know what was a worse call, Hughes getting a slashing penalty for tieing up the stick on the faceoff and it exploding (there was 0 backswing), or Podkolzin getting the interference penalty for taking a blindsite hit to the head.

Exciting game overall despite the lack of scoring. I don't want to get ahead of myself, but this would be a good playoff matchup.

Reactions: RussianRacket

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012

We all have our flaws

CanucksSayEh

Apr 6, 2012
Avs D takes a lot of gambles, no problem trading shots back and forth. Better chance of winning than a structured game. Lean on goaltending and watch theirs wilt.

Reactions: RussianRacket

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Saw much of this game from a bar so didnt notice a lotta the details but saw some pretty good stuff from our team. If was outta context would have thought this was two great teams going at it and we won. Hey this is another down year so Ill take the victory! The guys deserve it tonight!

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
The Avs simply do not play bad games at home. They lost 2 games at home in regulation right at the beginning of the season, where they started slow, but since then the only home regulation loss was against Dallas, and now Vancouver. The Canucks shut down a very good team.

Reactions: CanuckCity

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad