Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
You know that Rutherford isn't the GM, right?
Yes, and his lackey is the GM and regards Jake as high. You know they know Jake really well over there, right? You know Tocchet likes Jake, yes? We can go back and forth or we can just wait and see. But I feel very confident that whichever team WE choose to deal with, they're gonna pony up. I saw your lindholm deal and what you guys gave up. Pretty generous package.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Yes, and his lackey is the GM and regards Jake as high. You know they know Jake really well over there, right? You know Tocchet likes Jake, yes? We can go back and forth or we can just wait and see. But I feel very confident that whichever team WE choose to deal with, they're gonna pony up. I saw your lindholm deal and what you guys gave up. Pretty generous package.

Do you work for the team?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Carolina is incredibly disciplined management group who decide what they are willing to give and don't get sucked into the frenzy at the deadline. Dozens of 1st round picks have been moved at deadlines and most of those teams don't have cups. Carolina has a sustainable approach to roster building, something they have my respect for.
That discipline has led them to getting swept over and over though.

Eventually you’ve gotta make a big move

Wattsburgh

Apr 3, 2023
Just re-sign Guentzel and let him score another 40 goals next season.

Last edited:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Yeah this is exactly it. They're more focused on having a great prospect pool to stay consistently good than to actually be aggressive and make their team as good as possible now.

That's why I'm expecting the Rangers to out-bid the Canes for Guentzel, even though the Canes have a substantially stronger prospect pool than the Rangers IMO. The Rangers are willing to take that step, and with how open the East seems this year, I can definitely see them going for it now.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017

This management has been swept twice in the ECF, once being in their first year where we barely made the playoffs. Lol.

The Grim Reaper

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Yeah this is exactly it. They're more focused on having a great prospect pool to stay consistently good than to actually be aggressive and make their team as good as possible now.

That's why I'm expecting the Rangers to out-bid the Canes for Guentzel, even though the Canes have a substantially stronger prospect pool than the Rangers IMO. The Rangers are willing to take that step, and with how open the East seems this year, I can definitely see them going for it now.
Honestly, I’m not a big Rags fan, but I’d be okay with Jake going there and possibly winning, just once.

Reactions: Artemi Panarin

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The Canucks will just get him for free in the offseason since Vancouver is apparently his preferred destination.

Dubas lowers the price to something reasonable or the Pens are stuck in limbo.
Not gonna happen. What, you think we'll hold onto him because he doesn't go to the Canucks and let him walk this summer? That's lunacy and it's simply not gonna happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad