Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Which you also don't get, because your team is cheap with prospects.
That isn’t close to true.

We have given very good packages for players but just not chosen.

Calgary wanted to win now. They choose the win now package. Calgary is regretting that now. Trevling isnt.

Pettersson package was just to force EP’s hand

We offered SJS a package that Seravalli said was better. Meier wanted to go to NJ

Reactions: newsportsfan123

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Calgary wanted to win now. They choose the win now package. Calgary is regretting that now. Trevling isnt.

We offered SJS a package that Seravalli said was better. Meier wanted to go to NJ

Because your team is cheap and continuously gets outbid for these players.

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

*Delete first paragraph.

With all these names it just makes me think they may step it up for a player like Jake. Especially since the best offer doesn't seem extreme now.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Who has more value?​

1. Guentzel - 29 year old who has 8 years of approx. avg. 50 points per year ( best player in this trade)​

2. DeBrusk - 27 year old who has 7 years of approx. avg. 40 points per year ( 2nd best with being younger and tons of potential)​

3. Lindholm- 29 year old who has 10 years of approx. avg 50 points per year ( 3rd because he is solid but appears to be on the decline)​

Who has more value:

Guentzel: 466 points in 503 games in his career, 76 points per 82 games
DeBrusk: 255 points in 447 games in his career, 47 points per 82 games
Lindholm: 551 points in 807 games in his career while also being a 2-way center, 56 points per 82 games

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Because your team is cheap and continuously gets outbid for these players.
Carolina is incredibly disciplined management group who decide what they are willing to give and don't get sucked into the frenzy at the deadline. Dozens of 1st round picks have been moved at deadlines and most of those teams don't have cups. Carolina has a sustainable approach to roster building, something they have my respect for.

Ogelthorpe

Who do you play for?
Jul 21, 2010

Who has more value?​

1. Guentzel - 29 year old who has 8 years of approx. avg. 50 points per year ( best player in this trade)​

2. DeBrusk - 27 year old who has 7 years of approx. avg. 40 points per year ( 2nd best with being younger and tons of potential)​

3. Lindholm- 29 year old who has 10 years of approx. avg 50 points per year ( 3rd because he is solid but appears to be on the decline)​

Your math skills need some work my man!

• Haha
Reactions: Artemi Panarin

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Carolina is incredibly disciplined management group who decide what they are willing to give and don't get sucked into the frenzy at the deadline. Dozens of 1st round picks have been moved at deadlines and most of those teams don't have cups. Carolina has a sustainable approach to roster building, something they have my respect for.

Yes, that's what Carolina is going for. Sustained success. They're not trying to win cups, they're trying to stay consistently good.

They're cheap with prospects and picks. They don't spend assets on rentals at all, where they only go after cost controlled young players, but also aren't willing to out-bid other teams for those young players. They're always in on these top young players because they have a plethora of assets, but they never trade for any of them because they're stingy with those assets and aren't willing to out-bid other teams. They're the Tampa Bay Rays of the NHL.

It's a fantastic way to build a long-term successful franchise. It's not a great way to take a successful franchise into a top franchise. If you will never make the jump to push your team from "good" to "great", you'll never end up "great".

Khrox

May 31, 2018
Is Boston on Drugs? What do they possibly see in Lindholm? He looks straight trash
Lindy's best year was with wingers who did a lot of the heavy work (Gaudreau on the rush, Tkachuk in the corners). Having him center Marchand and either Pasta or whoever Debrusk's replacement is (assuming he gets shipped out) could replicate that similar thing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I didn’t say that did I ?
PIT is gonna fair well. Not sure if we do a deal with VAN but I know how JR is. And he'll overpay when he wants something. If I were you I'd be a bit concerned. IF again such a deal is consummated.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00