Rumor: Canucks could flip Lindholm to Boston if they acquire Guentzel

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
PIT is gonna fair well. Not sure if we do a deal with VAN but I know how JR is. And he'll overpay when he wants something. If I were you I'd be a bit concerned. IF again such a deal is consummated.
I wouldn’t be too sure about that anymore. Might get a good haul from another team, but don’t see Vancouver giving us that crazy overpay atm. Rutherford or not.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

It kinda seems this is the direction it's heading in. Vancouver doesn't want and/or can't meet their asking price, so despite Vancouver really wanting him, it seems like they're going to get outbid.

Friedman and Dhaliwal have both reported that the Canucks feel like they don't have the assets to pull off Guentzel, and it seems like them shopping Lindholm was their last ditch effort into getting those assets.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Let’s say this deal happens?? How much is Vancouver eating on Lindholm? Nobody’s giving them anywhere near what they paid. DeBrusk would also be flipped obviously, but the Canucks getting Guentzel out of the 3 teams, is adding the most, and Pittsburgh’s getting whatever that is. Boston likely adds a smaller amount.

Likely way too many moving pieces.

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver

It kinda seems this is the direction it's heading in. Vancouver doesn't want and/or can't meet their asking price, so despite Vancouver really wanting him, it seems like they're going to get outbid.

Friedman and Dhaliwal have both reported that the Canucks feel like they don't have the assets to pull off Guentzel, and it seems like them shopping Lindholm was their last ditch effort into getting those assets.

Dubas is going to break first when he realize that no one is willing to pay

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC

If it's between those 2 I don't see how tf Rangers win that one

Reactions: DaveG

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Dubas shouldnt come off of the asking price either. Either trade him for more than he is worth or just keep him and resign.

Makes no sense to trade him for under value.

Reactions: Zbynek

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Let’s say this deal happens?? How much is Vancouver eating on Lindholm? Nobody’s giving them anywhere near what they paid. DeBrusk would also be flipped obviously, but the Canucks getting Guentzel out of the 3 teams, is adding the most, and Pittsburgh’s getting whatever that is. Boston likely adds a smaller amount.

Likely way too many moving pieces.
Boston wants Lindholm so the add on likely wont be significant

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Is Guentzel really better than Lindholm?

You serious lol

If it's between those 2 I don't see how tf Rangers win that one

The Rangers do have the assets to get Guentzel. Carolina can absolutely outbid them, but they actually have to be willing to do that.

Like if the Rangers would do Jones, Othmann and a 2024 1st, I think that contends with any offer the Canes could realistically make. That seems too expensive to me from the Rangers, but that's a really strong package.

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC

I hope they go after Toffoli instead, if that's what the price is going to be.

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Dubas shouldnt come off of the asking price either. Either trade him for more than he is worth or just keep him and resign.

Makes no sense to trade him for under value.
Why would Dubas resign? Seems silly

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
PIT is gonna fair well. Not sure if we do a deal with VAN but I know how JR is. And he'll overpay when he wants something. If I were you I'd be a bit concerned. IF again such a deal is consummated.
You know that Rutherford isn't the GM, right?

Reactions: nucks88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad