Confirmed with Link: Canucks cancel practices due to potential COVID-19 Exposure (false positive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
This is going to occur throughout the season. Reality of the world we live in.

not just the players but their families.

Yeah. Unless they can ask the wives/girlfriends to lockdown at home and the kids not go to school, some of this will be unavoidable.

I do wonder what the protocol is if one team just gets ravaged for 2 weeks. What happens to the games?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah. Unless they can ask the wives/girlfriends to lockdown at home and the kids not go to school, some of this will be unavoidable.

I do wonder what the protocol is if one team just gets ravaged for 2 weeks. What happens to the games?
I’m sure the players are talking to the family. What are the vets who have kids who are school aged doing? Schools have in person classes. So there is always that risk of exposure. Significant other would bear the responsibility of getting the child to and from school.

not much you can do about it. That is why the players get tested regularly.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Sadly, the NHL is going to soon find out that playing games in seven home rinks across the country, with airports and flights in between, will be a lot different than playing in a bubble.

Almost inevitable that games will be need to postponed like they were in the NFL this season, or teams will be forced to play with skeleton lineups. There could also be a steady shuttle between the regular lineup and the taxi squad just to get through the schedule.

And that's in Canada. Things will be much worse in the U.S. Makes you seriously wonder how NHL teams in California, Texas and Arizona are going to make out....since those states are 'Ground Zero' for some of the worst COVID numbers.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
As I've said, players and employees should be locked down tighter than normal people. Find ways to help them -- buy them meal kit services, host social events among players, do whatever you have to do, but this isn't going to work if all these people have bubbles other than their work environment. They're flying around the country constantly for months.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
As I've said, players and employees should be locked down tighter than normal people. Find ways to help them -- buy them meal kit services, host social events among players, do whatever you have to do, but this isn't going to work if all these people have bubbles other than their work environment. They're flying around the country constantly for months.

and even if you can get them all but locked down, a lot of them still have families. actually i don’t know how many guys (including team staff) have kids in schools but it can’t be zero.

Vman

Mar 10, 2003
hfboards.com
Do players, staff, employees, media get tested everyday at Rogers Arena like in the Bubble in Edmonton? Temperature and health checks before entering the building?

This should be done in all NHL arenas.

Last edited:
Reactions: David71

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Do players, staff, employees, media get tested everyday at Rogers Arena like in the Bubble in Edmonton? Temperature and health checks before entering the building?

This should be done in all NHL arenas.
This too. It just seems like a few million dollars spent in the right places could have made this season far more likely to succeed.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
For those who follow other sports closely (particularly the NFL) this type of thing happened consistently this year. I actually think it's better they get one out of the way already as they get a procedure down in terms of how to handle things which likely did include or will include some sort of virtual trainings or other "homework".

These guys are getting tested all the time so there will be positives and fake positives tests along the way this year - might as well get used to it as fans. I know there will continue to be people who are against the season going ahead (not necessarily on this board but definitely on Twitter, etc) but the reality is these players are getting tested all the time and therefore will be less of a spread risk than the majority of the public despite their travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad