Recalled/Assigned: Canucks Call Up Black Aces (UPDATE: Gaunce called up)

TheDiver*

If I saw Cam Barker in the line-up at the grocery store --- I would walk right by him to the front, knowing he would not do **** about it.

He's rancid.

(And I generally have a positive out-look on players.)

Who would win in a fight? Mason Raymond or Cam Barker?

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Does anyone know how Vandermeer's fared this year? Would he be a viable option if we needed to put someone in? He has the kind if experience we could use.

Alflives*

he was actually cut last year from an ahl team. he's not really an ahl guy either

Okay, I think we can agree he's a 'plug' - he gets 'plugged' in to fill a hole here or there, in whatever league he's in. ECHL?

Alflives*

Who would win in a fight? Mason Raymond or Cam Barker?

We laugh at these guys so-called lack of toughness, but they are professional athletes, and if given opportunity (and reason) could easily kick our *****. They play in the NHL. To get to that level of hockey takes toughness.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
With Schroeder up... Any chance we see him in game 1? I guess not if the practice lines mean anything.

He, along with Lack, is injured. Gilman pretty much said that he wont be used in the 1st round, but could be used later in the playoffs.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
We laugh at these guys so-called lack of toughness, but they are professional athletes, and if given opportunity (and reason) could easily kick our *****. They play in the NHL. To get to that level of hockey takes toughness.

Lindros v. Stojko anyone? Lindros (edit!!) got his ass handed to him by a figure skater outside a bar. Being an athlete of that calibre period, regardless of the sport, gets you toughness points.

Last edited:

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
Messier v. Stojko anyone? The grittiest star player in Hockey, mister leadership, got his ass handed to him by a figure skater outside a bar. Being an athlete of that calibre period, regardless of the sport, gets you toughness points.

I'm not surprised. Stojko, on top of being a world class athlete himself, was very much into martial arts. At one point he incorporated TKD moves into his skating routine, but the judges were less than impressed.

May 31, 2006
Messier v. Stojko anyone? The grittiest star player in Hockey, mister leadership, got his ass handed to him by a figure skater outside a bar. Being an athlete of that calibre period, regardless of the sport, gets you toughness points.

I thought it was Lindros?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad