Recalled/Assigned: Canucks Call Up Black Aces (UPDATE: Gaunce called up)

Tanevian*

Barker isn't as bad as people think.

He's worse than I thought. I never really paid attention to him b4 this year so all of the "he sucks" stuff didn't really affect me. But he gets walked around too often to not bring something else. If he was tough, mean & slow that's one thing, but he is playing soft and slow.

The Icon

Apr 21, 2006
Vancouver, BC.
I think Barker has shown flashes of competence but they're brief. I don't like our chances if he and/or Ebbett have to play important minutes for us.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Alberts
Tanev
Lee Sweatt

As we had in 10-11

I don't see a massive improvement, Alberts this year>Alberts in previous years so the bar isn't really set that high. Tanev came in with little experience and performed admirably in limited minutes. Lee Sweatt wasn't really impressive at all.

Corrado
Barker
Andersson/Joslin

If you make it to your #10, then you probably weren't going anywhere

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Ahh fandom where people believe the #9 D-man on the depth chart ought to be able to fill in for 20 minutes a night with no drop in play compared to the guy he's replacing.

Also, where people believe #1 means superstar/franchise player.

gobi

Feb 9, 2006
Paradise, BC
Not trying to speak for the OP but I think what he means is someone in the prospects pool similar to Tanev and Corrado.

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Ha Ha. Good one. And yes, he is an AHL D-man. But with 30 teams, and salary caps, and and and.... Most of the guys playing his role are AHL guys.

he was actually cut last year from an ahl team. he's not really an ahl guy either

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
we're you expecting to have Allstar 7, 8, 9, and 10 Dmen? :biglaugh:

Yeah exactly, I expect to have Allstar calibre depth dmen. Yep you are exactly right. Wow, you must be able to read minds to jump to that kind of conclusion! Amazing!

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
I always thought our healthy top 6 was incredible, but that our depth overall was very questionable simply for the fact that Barker is one or two injuries away from playing. (He's far worse than advertised, IMO)

But with Corrado's emergence and Alberts improving, I really like it again

1. Hamhuis
2. Garrison
3. Edler
4. Bieksa
5. Tanev
6. Alberts
7. Ballard
8. Corrado
9. Barker
10. Vandermeer
11. Joslin

That's damn good.

LolClarkson*

Yeah exactly, I expect to have Allstar calibre depth dmen. Yep you are exactly right. Wow, you must be able to read minds to jump to that kind of conclusion! Amazing!

I don't think anyone is supporting your assertion that we have weak D depth.

All these years of picking D me of the first round..:sarcasm::biglaugh::biglaugh:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I always thought our healthy top 6 was incredible, but that our depth overall was very questionable simply for the fact that Barker is one or two injuries away from playing. (He's far worse than advertised, IMO)

But with Corrado's emergence and Alberts improving, I really like it again

1. Hamhuis
2. Garrison
3. Edler
4. Bieksa
5. Tanev
6. Alberts
7. Ballard
8. Corrado
9. Barker
10. Vandermeer
11. Joslin

That's damn good.

I probably have Joslin above Barker, but the point stands.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
what are the chances if one of the black aces are in the lineup? say the 4th line needs shuffling. lain/mallet/whoever comes in and plays really well.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i can see a player like gaunce coming in the lineup. a shot of youth can relally be surprising. look no further kris krieder for new york a couple years back. adam henrique.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad