Prospect Info: Canucks C Daimon Gardner draft 4th Round, 112th Overall, 2022 Entry Draft

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC

The 6’4, 210-pound power forward is committed to play NCAA hockey with Clarkson University and is eligible for the 2022 NHL entry draft.
With his size, skill, and speed, Gardner has recently been named a finalist for the 2022 Minnesota Mr. Hockey Award, which is given to the most outstanding senior high school hockey player in the state. The state of Minnesota is known for being home to some of the top high school hockey programs in North America.
“We are really excited to welcome Daimon and his family to the Chilliwack Chiefs organization,” said Chiefs Head Coach and General Manager Brian Maloney. “Daimon is an extremely talented player with big-time upside. This is a very committed, quality young man from a great family who is going to be a massive part of our program moving forward.”

May 31, 2006
Mentioned it in the draft thread but reminds me of Joe Labate.

Long term project who might not turn pro until 2027 (if he ever does).

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
He’s playing in Chilliwack, that’s neat

Reactions: Peen

Deeds26

Nov 11, 2006
EP had him ranked 54 overall. Say he could be a solid two-way player. Seems like a nice value pick.

He will have a long development time. BCHL next year, then at least 2 years of college, then AHL.

He'll probably garner a lot of attention for the BCHL now that he is drafted before playing in the league. Lots of Canuck fans will be heading to the arena to watch him play and tell us how bad or amazing he is on these boards.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He’s playing in Chilliwack, that’s neat
HS hockey last season and limited production in his 14 USHL of just 4 points. Needs a year at the bchl or USHL level before going to clarkson. Not someone you expect to see signed until like 2025 minimum. Probably more likely 2026.

Reactions: LickTheEnvelope

cc

Feb 28, 2002
there are uses for a big physical fast player if he can develop properly.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
We will probably have a pretty good indication by midway through next season whether he is a bust or not (i.e., he is going to need to really excel in the BCHL and be a top player in that league).

Reactions: Fedz and Josepho

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I personally had him at spot 102 so this should be seen as a victory :yo:

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
Big, big fan of Gardner. Scouted him all season. This is a high upside pick if his skating comes along. (he skates well for his size regardless though, it's more of a clunky edge work issue.

He looks comically huge in that video.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad