Post-Game Talk: Canucks beat Columbus 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sykur

Apr 11, 2011
did we ever get to the bottom of this miller and horvat feud?

because from where i sit, the simplest hypothesis is miller and others were just f***ing done with the coach and wanted to mutiny. horvat, as a responsible captain and general good boy, did what he thought was the right thing to do and tried to protect the chain of command.

now that that is all over, everyone is happy being bros again

This.

I don't think they were specifically mad at each other. I think the whole team was fed up with Green but the only one brash enough to say so was Miller. He was the firebrand, the head mutineer, not afraid to speak his mind. And it wasn't a recent thing either. This goes back to the botched Covid response last year, when Miller went to the media about management, letting them have it with both barrels. I think that was the real catalyst, when the players turned their backs on management. The extension given to Green in the off season must have pissed them right off (and some parting shots from Nate Schmidt seemed to echo the sentiment). Both JB and Aqua were tone deaf to the concerns of the players, it's amazing they got anybody signed at all.

Horvat being the Captain is more of the pragmatic/diplomatic type. If there was any beef, it was more like Horvat trying to keep Miller in line, with the occasional "dude -- shut up! You're not helping". They both wanted the same thing (a change in management), they just had different ways of going about it. Miller uses the stick and Horvat uses the carrot.

I don't think it spilled out onto the ice that much, except for where morale was at an all time low amongst all players from the very start of the season. Miller's pass to Horvat last night proves that the beef was never player v player. It was always players v management.

Last edited:

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
That pass from Miller to Bo was playoff sick

I loved what Hughes did earlier - Horvat's backhand pass under pressure was a tough pass to take it and Hughes knocked it down perfectly to setup his subsequent pass to Miller. It was an exceptional play and agree with the other posters that Hughes is definitely flying under the radar this season. He's been outstanding.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I loved what Hughes did earlier - Horvat's backhand pass under pressure was a tough pass to take it and Hughes knocked it down perfectly to setup his subsequent pass to Miller. It was an exceptional play and agree with the other posters that Hughes is definitely flying under the radar this season. He's been outstanding.

Talking strictly of Hughes, I thought his pass to Podz, actually that entire play was amazing.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
This.

I don't think they were specifically mad at each other. I think the whole team was fed up with Green but the only one brash enough to say so was Miller. He was the firebrand, the head mutineer, not afraid to speak his mind. And it wasn't a recent thing either. This goes back to the botched Covid response last year, when Miller went to the media about management, letting them have it with both barrels. I think that was the real catalyst, when the players turned their backs on management. The extension given to Green in the off season must have pissed them right off (and some parting shots from Nate Schmidt seemed to echo the sentiment). Both JB and Aqua were tone deaf to the concerns of the players, it's amazing they got anybody signed at all.

Horvat being the Captain is more of the pragmatic/diplomatic type. If there was any beef, it was more like Horvat trying to keep Miller in line, with the occasional "dude -- shut up! You're not helping". They both wanted the same thing (a change in management), they just had different ways of going about it. Miller uses the stick and Horvat uses the carrot.

I don't think it spilled out onto the ice that much, except for where morale was at an all time low amongst all players from the very start of the season. Miller's pass to Horvat last night proves that the beef was never player v player. It was always players v management.
That’s a nice story…:).

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
You seriously confuse me. First, just to clarify: I hated all the overpaid deadweight that Jimbo acquired, so let's be clear, I am not a Jimbo fan.

But on one line you say Jimbo robbed Arizona blind. Then you say anyone wanting to give Jimbo credit needs to give their head a shake. Which one is it?

I think the Arizona trade was a very good move by Jimbo and a win-win for both clubs. We gave up our future to get talent to play with Hughes and Petey now. Arizona gave up their present (which was already shit) to get a very strong future in three or four years.

I was ecstatic to see both Jimbo and Green gone. I had predicted that this would be the best team in 7 years. I simply could not understand why they weren't playing better. Watching them under Green was soul sucking. It looks now like Green was a pathetic coach. I will be curious to see if he gets another gig.
I didn't say Jimbo robbed anyone blind.

Why would I say that?

Jimbo isn't a real GM.

Kreator

Feb 18, 2017
I think Hughes should really be a bigger deal around the league this year than he has been. People need to take seriously that this kid straight up looks like a top 5-10 player in the league right now. He is SO f***ing good. I have hardly seen a player so completely control the game since like, Karlsson in 2017. Defenseman that can play this way are just so gamebreaking. It's like having Tom Brady on the ice

1000000000%

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Not even sure if it’s the coaches pushing them. It’s the players believing they can win. It’s a standard. An attitude and a culture. The old team down 3 would just pack it in.
Yeah I don’t think the new coaches have done much beyond having motivating one on ones with them and mixing in some new drills in practice. For all intents and purposes this is the exact same team as November, just believing in themselves and each other.
Let’s win the next!

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I stopped listening to their podcast cause it was repetitive crap. Their tales are generally too old school and they have that we know cause we played attitude.

Seriously as someone else. Said it’s just fans having fun.

Their stories are the most interesting part, I put little stock in much else. The league and game evolves so fast, it's like Mr. Burns putting together a baseball team with the right fielder who died in 1884 or whatever.

Reactions: Indiana

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
Shitty players and a stagnant, boring coaching system will do that.
We still have every last one of those “shitty players” on this team. No tangible change has been effected on this team other than motivational coaching.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Their stories are the most interesting part, I put little stock in much else. The league and game evolves so fast, it's like Mr. Burns putting together a baseball team with the right fielder who died in 1884 or whatever.

They all end up being the same story. It was the same thing over and over again. It was interesting at first but now… meh.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
They keep that up and he's gonna look like this by March
98199584.jpg.jpg
Manute!!! Blast from the past.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015

It's from this song.
Instead of Whoop, there it is. They just replaced it with Bruce, there it is.

Now if you are specifically asking what that phrase means:

This is straight from UrbanDictionary, lol.

whoop there it is
african-american slang for "How about that!" or "Man look at that!". Often used to recognize fine pieces of ass, or "booty".
Damn girl, let me see you shake that....Whoop, there it is!

Ultimately, it's something positive. But Boudreau himself has mentioned it several times in interviews that he hates that chant. So it's not only Ryan Whitney that dislikes it.

Bruce HATES IT.
Bruce is the MAN.
I hate it.

Paulinbc

Sep 5, 2015
did we ever get to the bottom of this miller and horvat feud?

because from where i sit, the simplest hypothesis is miller and others were just f***ing done with the coach and wanted to mutiny. horvat, as a responsible captain and general good boy, did what he thought was the right thing to do and tried to protect the chain of command.

now that that is all over, everyone is happy being bros again
It’s a new era. Anything that happened in the before times doesn’t matter. Let’s move forward.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Wanted to give some props to Halak. Looked shaky in the 1st, and didn't have much to do the rest of the night. But not playing as long as he had, then not getting a game day skate, plus all the stress and anxiety that they all must have been going through...he did a good job staying in the game mentally and made some key saves in the 2nd and late in the 3rd.

Reactions: bh53 and Nomobo

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Wanted to give some props to Halak. Looked shaky in the 1st, and didn't have much to do the rest of the night. But not playing as long as he had, then not getting a game day skate, plus all the stress and anxiety that they all must have been going through...he did a good job staying in the game mentally and made some key saves in the 2nd and late in the 3rd.
Yes, I thought he handled quite well like the seasoned pro that he is.

Reactions: bh53 and alternate
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad