Post-Game Talk: Canucks beat Columbus 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Man no Poolman, Hamonic, Hunt, or Schenn for at least a couple games means...its going to take more gutsy efforts.

Sharks game is important as it's a divisional rival that's just ahead of us.

Reactions: bh53 and Indiana

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019
Yep. BB will guarantee Benning gets another shot somewhere. I think Green's NHL days are done.

Given how much of an old boys club the league is, I wouldnt be surprised to see him get a job again. Especially since the narrative after the bubble was how much he got out of the team. Also how many young stars the team had in his time here can be misattributed to his mentorship.

I never liked him as a coach but even I was a fan of his during the bubble. Outside eyes will probably fixate on those couple weeks and not his overall record of failure and league bottom defensive efforts.

Reactions: Indiana

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
Myres played like an all star. Bo played like a captain. Garland is the pest's pest. Halak was awful. Podz looks revitalized. Dickenson can't hit the ocean. Yes we have been favoured by both the schedule AND the refs lately but this is nice...

Reactions: Scorvat and Indiana

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
Has been a fun 5 games. No idea if this is sustainable or not, but EP looking more like EP has to be seen as a very good sign for the team. Also, the last few games is doing wonders for Myers' trade value.

Reactions: Indiana

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
This is the team I thought we’d see with this roster. Forward corps that can run with just about anyone, very steep drop off on defence past the 2nd pairing and no depth on defence to fill in for injured players.

Reactions: bh53

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Has been a fun 5 games. No idea if this is sustainable or not, but EP looking more like EP has to be seen as a very good sign for the team. Also, the last few games is doing wonders for Myers' trade value.

the lovely thing is this team is still not close to the top of its game

if or when petey and boeser get back to being the form they showed as rookies, and then improve on that promise, oh my

Jimnastic

Canucks Diehard
Nov 13, 2017
Sydney
Time heals all provided that zero credit is given to the morons previously in-charge.

This team wasn't uniquely built.

This team was slapped together like a toddler playing with his own shit with a MASSIVE assist to robbing Arizona blind.

Deus ex machina.

Three trash players for a 25 year old 2/3 winger and 30 year old 2/3 dman both whom are in their prime.

Like seriously.

Anyone wanting to give Jimbo credit for this transaction needs to give their head a shake.

And this team also includes the players beyond the roster... IE our depth... or lack thereof due to idiotic acquisitions leading to prospects getting waived and claimed.

Just thinking about all the assets that left this org for nothing still really pisses me off.

526mAM4.gif
You seriously confuse me. First, just to clarify: I hated all the overpaid deadweight that Jimbo acquired, so let's be clear, I am not a Jimbo fan.

But on one line you say Jimbo robbed Arizona blind. Then you say anyone wanting to give Jimbo credit needs to give their head a shake. Which one is it?

I think the Arizona trade was a very good move by Jimbo and a win-win for both clubs. We gave up our future to get talent to play with Hughes and Petey now. Arizona gave up their present (which was already shit) to get a very strong future in three or four years.

I was ecstatic to see both Jimbo and Green gone. I had predicted that this would be the best team in 7 years. I simply could not understand why they weren't playing better. Watching them under Green was soul sucking. It looks now like Green was a pathetic coach. I will be curious to see if he gets another gig.

Last edited:

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
did we ever get to the bottom of this miller and horvat feud?

because from where i sit, the simplest hypothesis is miller and others were just f***ing done with the coach and wanted to mutiny. horvat, as a responsible captain and general good boy, did what he thought was the right thing to do and tried to protect the chain of command.

now that that is all over, everyone is happy being bros again

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013

because from where i sit, the simplest hypothesis is miller and others were just f***ing done with the coach and wanted to mutiny. horvat, as a responsible captain and general good boy, did what he thought was the right thing to do and tried to protect the chain of command.

I think this is more likely than an actual feud between players themselves.

Grub

First Line Troll
Jun 30, 2008
B.C
Went to bed at end of first.

Switched on scores this morning to see how many we'd lost by and couldn't believe my eyes.

Was a really fun game to watch, I mean the comeback even involved Podkolzin for the tying goal, there was a lot of circle jerking with the boys here. You missed out.

geebster

Sponsor
Oct 26, 2019

Pretty sure it was just about as true as the "Hughes was on a ventilator" story. Sensational stories like there being a rift in the lockeroom with people picking sides generate clicks but are rarely true. Most likely that the team in general wasnt in a good mental place and people were arguing with eachother at various times, perhaps once between Horvat and Miller. I sincerely doubt a true feud happened...because this is real life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad