Post-Game Talk: Canucks beat Columbus 4-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I think Hughes should really be a bigger deal around the league this year than he has been. People need to take seriously that this kid straight up looks like a top 5-10 player in the league right now. He is SO f***ing good. I have hardly seen a player so completely control the game since like, Karlsson in 2017. Defenseman that can play this way are just so gamebreaking. It's like having Tom Brady on the ice

It definitely feels like he doesn’t get anywhere near the attention that other young D-men get. But hey, if it lets him surprise people, keep at it. He’s been spectacular.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Dec 2019-Jan 2020 we won 7 games

after that we won 5 straight (no shoot outs) from jan 16 2020 to Feb 2 2020.

anyone know when was the last time we came back from a 3-0 deficient to win a game in regulation ? We might be going back to the Gillis era.

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
There is a lightness to this team right now. There is a feathery feel to the fanbase.

There is such a weight gone with the coach and that tool out. Covid shows up and who is there to speak immediately? The POHO. Not a release with a name on it. It isn't all on the coach to speak on everything

The players are having fun so let's keep it going. Players are getting real support from the organization.

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
Time to read the oilers board
I’ve missed this tradition
Just finished reading their league thread:

jRuZdd5.gif

They discuss our post-Benning era starting here:

GDT: - Around the League 2021-22 v7

Last edited:

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
What is this nonsense with uniquely built? It is a poorly built team on a winning streak boosted by a coaching/gm change and a papersoft schedule. We have 3xb2b teams in the last 5 games. It's not like we are blowing teams. Winning is good for the players but thinking this team has a chance of doing something unless some serious player changes shows me that you have not changed at all. You are somehow still trying to pump Jimbo's tires. Another guy did the same thing in another thread. You Jimbo stans are coming out of hidding after a few wins to embarass yourself yet again.
The "uniquely built" thing is the biggest bulljive ever.:laugh: Jimbo did uplift the team by getting fired.
You accused me of embarrassing myself in a sentence where you misspelled two common words so... you've got that going for you.

You have an agenda and it's getting pathetic. Remember that thread in the trade rumours board the other day where I asked a question about the Avs and you accused me of bandwagoning another team (and not being a real Canucks fan) just because I follow the rest of the league while cheering for the Canucks? This is a bad look and it's embarrassing.

The Canucks got rid of Benning and Green, it's a good thing AND they have won 5 times in a row since that occurred. The fact that you can't find joy and have deputized yourself to ferret out all of the imaginary 'Benning stans' is q-anon levels of embarrassing.

Take a breath man, it's a f***ing game.

When I say 'uniquely built' I'm not saying that this was all Benning playing 5 d chess and it was all a part of his plan. I'm saying, amongst teams with a bad D, we have a forward core and goaltender who can make up for their shortcomings by having strong possession, a good cycle, a good backcheck, a good forecheck, and a franchise netminder.
You thinking that this is emblamatic of me being a 'Benning stan' is like the people who think they found Jesus' profile in their toast.

What I will say, however, is that Benning, while making a bunch of terrible mistakes, actually built a good nucleus. Much like Nonis did.
We don't need a big rebuild. If we make the right choices with Miller and Horvat (probably re-sign Horvat and sell high on Miller at some point) and find two good RD, we are right there. We need someone to come in and make the final touches.

No, we're not a cup contender as currently constructed or anything, but if you think we need to blow it up then you're out to lunch.

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
Time heals all provided that zero credit is given to the morons previously in-charge.

This team wasn't uniquely built.

This team was slapped together like a toddler playing with his own shit with a MASSIVE assist to robbing Arizona blind.

Deus ex machina.

Three trash players for a 25 year old 2/3 winger and 30 year old 2/3 dman both whom are in their prime.

Like seriously.

Anyone wanting to give Jimbo credit for this transaction needs to give their head a shake.

And this team also includes the players beyond the roster... IE our depth... or lack thereof due to idiotic acquisitions leading to prospects getting waived and claimed.

Just thinking about all the assets that left this org for nothing still really pisses me off.

526mAM4.gif

Indiana

Mar 17, 2008
Canada
I still don't know how he got his extension. Benning must have been blind or else Green had some dirty blackmail.
We almost did get rid of Green this summer.

But just when it looked like the club has had enough of Green & was also considering wholesale changes to the front office, Arthur Griffiths spoke with Aquilini and put in a good word about staying the course.

Griffiths: "I told him, 'Look, you’ve got a great young core group of players, a great coach and management.'"

Aquilini listened, and Green got extended.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Just thinking about all the assets that left this org for nothing still really pisses me off.

526mAM4.gif

I'm typically pessimistic, but hey I can actual throw this line out finally...that was the old guys, try not to think about it. Eyes on the future, clean slate for whoever starts hopefully they put more planning in.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
We almost did get rid of Green this summer.

But just when it looked like the club has had enough of Green & was also considering wholesale changes to the front office, Arthur Griffiths spoke with Aquilini and put in a good word about staying the course.

Griffiths: "I told him, 'Look, you’ve got a great young core group of players, a great coach and management.'"

Aquilini listened, and Green got extended.

oh arthur, erasing his own fredo-ish, letting the franchise slide into mccaw/97-99 legacy. smart play to convince frankie to keeping burning the team to somehow lower lows so we all forget

SeawaterOnIce

Bald is back in style.
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2011
The reason 'Bruce! There it is!' is so awesome is *because* it is the worst chant of all time. Long may it continue.

A chant that derived from one of the most annoying songs from the early 90's that was commonly used as a troll song thereafter is annoying.

Colour me surprised.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I love that Boudreau hates it too. Speaks to his character.

It's such a wonderfully stupid and creative chant. A great explosion of spontaneous joy over all the years of suffering from the fanbase. A surprising saviour who himself was somewhat of a punchline for most fanbases.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005
Three trash players for a 25 year old 2/3 winger and 30 year old 2/3 dman both whom are in their prime.

Like seriously.

Anyone wanting to give Jimbo credit for this transaction needs to give their head a shake.

Well there was a 9th overall pick involved.

Reactions: bh53 and timw33
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad