Post-Game Talk: Canucks Adidas uniform reveal

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
lol, they somehow made it worse by not extending the white around the collar.

OCT3XCv.png

I would honestly feel embarrassed to wear a Canucks jersey with that collar. It looks completely ridiculous.

Tinhorn1

Aug 7, 2007
One of the only things you can get Canucks fans to agree on is that the word mark is terrible. What a wasted opportunity to get people saying something, anything, positive about the team for once.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Exactly the same as our current jersey but with a terrible collar and somehow an even busier, more cluttered look. It's nearing Swedish hockey levels of clutteredness, especially with a A or C on the front. Throw on some anniversary patch and you've got a NASCAR car. Even the most avid collectors gotta think about skipping this one, right?

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
Exactly the same as our current jersey but with a terrible collar and somehow an even busier, more cluttered look. It's nearing Swedish hockey levels of clutteredness, especially with a A or C on the front. Throw on some anniversary patch and you've got a NASCAR car. Even the most avid collectors gotta think about skipping this one, right?
Seriously, people talk about changing jerseys every so often as a cynical money grab. Well, grab my money, damnit! Why would you not take advantage of it at least to make a minor change, like in soccer?

Also, didn't even take advantage of the opportunity to put something cool in the inside collar. Classic.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Seriously, people talk about changing jerseys every so often as a cynical money grab. Well, grab my money, damnit! Why would you not take advantage of it at least to make a minor change, like in soccer?

Also, didn't even take advantage of the opportunity to put something cool in the inside collar. Classic.

Yeah, they could have put more VANCOUVERs inside the collar.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I must be in the minority that thought our current jerseys were good. Unless we're going back the Orginals or the 40th anniversary I don't want something new.

Also I'm a big fan of the Vegas jerseys, they look great in real photos and not computer generated. I think Adidas overall did a fine job, it could have been alot worse

DadBod

Sep 1, 2009
Coquitlam
Besides the white strip on the collar can anyone fill me in on the differences?

Looks exactly the same to me. Should have made the final move to stick-in-rink.

P.S. VGN jersey is a complete abomination, hate it.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Just saw this...

NHL says we'll have 24-26 teams with @adidas third jerseys for 2018-19 season. Some old designs, some completely new.

duplo

prince kasspian
Nov 4, 2010
Vancouver
[New Jersey Devils]: Our collar is embedded with our three Stanley Cup years to honor our rich history to wear with pride.

[St. Louis Blues]: Our uniforms combine the look of our 50 year past with modernized details. The flag of the city of St. Louis adorns the interior to remind the players where they represent.

[Canucks]: our fax machine broke halfway through sending our submission and the collar came out sort of ****ed up

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
White half collar. Why?

Honouring the sweet '90s neck collar style of Joe Mullen and Gary Roberts?

One of the only things you can get Canucks fans to agree on is that the word mark is terrible. What a wasted opportunity to get people saying something, anything, positive about the team for once.

Yup. Probably over 90% don't like it.

Like, I am get why it was a good financial thing to put VANCOUVER branding on something in the leadup to the 2010 Olympics, but these uniforms are for 2018. Kill it.

50th season.

Updated stick in rink . Done. Goodnight. Never change again

How ****ing hard is it to do

Abso-****ing-lutely.

The most popular logo with the most popular colours and the most timeless jersey design.

Screw the John McCaw corporate emblem we have now that doesn't even match our bloody uniform colours.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Also, I don't care if I'm alone but I love the Vegas jerseys.

To me it's a different fresh colour scheme and suits the city well.

sirwilliam

Assume it's sarcasm
Nov 29, 2006
Victoria
Vancouver has probably the best colour scheme in the league. How do they keep screwing this up?

You want it simple and clean with a bit of contrast. Strip off that ugly wordmark. Move up the orca, broaden the stripes, and it's instantly 100% better.

And fix that collar.

thefeebster

Mar 13, 2009
Vancouver
[Canucks]: our fax machine broke halfway through sending our submission and the collar came out sort of ****ed up
:laugh:

---

Man... these collars are terrible. Ours and nearly everyone elses. I hate the weird nhl logo area too. Like the Avs even look weird with that weird collar area.

What happened to the Oiler's blue? It got like 10 shades darker. The reebok version is much nicer, IMO. Might actually get a McDavid while they are getting rid of stock then.

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
Besides the Canaucks wasting a huge chance to finally get rid of the whale, I think a lot of teams missed the boat here. Winnipeg not going retro....Calgary not getting rid of that vertical side garbage.....Edmonton going back to the dark blue that they had finally rid themselves of....Ottawa should have ditched the spartan look with the "O and stripes"....New Jersey shouldn't have changed anything......Buffalo should have went back to the brighter blue and added more white to their home uniforms. Columbus not going to the cannon theme as a primary logo.....Washington not going retro..... It's a pretty big list of failure here with the exception of Minnesota. There isn't one jersey I'll be running out to buy that's foresure!

Rotting Corpse*

Sep 20, 2003
Kelowna, BC

It sticks out like a sore thumb in that picture with all the jerseys. Just looks so stupid. I could get behind the logo and jersey if they would just drop the damn wordmark.

Most of the jerseys have that pajama feel to them. Very weird. And what the **** is with Edmonton's colors? I do like the Vegas color scheme though, and Colorado.

EDIT:

DCz1hVjV0AI6GtK.jpg

Biased, but I honestly think the wordmark makes ours look the stupidest in the entire league. No one else has this.

Last edited:

digger18

Feb 23, 2009
Williams Lake B.C.
It sticks out like a sore thumb in that picture with all the jerseys. Just looks so stupid. I could get behind the logo and jersey if they would just drop the damn wordmark.

Most of the jerseys have that pajama feel to them. Very weird. And what the **** is with Edmonton's colors? I do like the Vegas color scheme though, and Colorado.

Pajama feel foresure.....Or skinny jeans...There's just something off about the feminine ish cuts!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad