Post-Game Talk: Canucks Adidas uniform reveal

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
So as many of you know, I'm a jersey collector. Today I ran into the guy I get my jerseys from who gives me updates on when new jerseys, designs, and logos are coming out. He is a retailer and gets news and first looks on when new jerseys are coming out directly from Reebok and now Adidas. I asked him if he had seen the new Adidas cut jerseys and he said he had, but not in Canucks colours. But he said he could confirm that the Orca will be our main crest going forward. If I go back in a couple weeks, he said he could give me a look at the finished Canucks design.

He also said all CCM reproduction of vintage jerseys will switch over to the Adidas cut and fabric so if you want a throwback jersey in it's classic CCM cut and fabric, get it before it's gone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
So as many of you know, I'm a jersey collector. Today I ran into the guy I get my jerseys from who gives me updates on when new jerseys, designs, and logos are coming out. He is a retailer and gets news and first looks on when new jerseys are coming out directly from Reebok and now Adidas. I asked him if he had seen the new Adidas cut jerseys and he said he had, but not in Canucks colours. But he said he could confirm that the Orca will be our main crest going forward. If I go back in a couple weeks, he said he could give me a look at the finished Canucks design.

He also said all CCM reproduction of vintage jerseys will switch over to the Adidas cut and fabric so if you want a throwback jersey in it's classic CCM cut and fabric, get it before it's gone!

Hopefully they drop the terrible word art

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
We'll know if they've made any changes when our first pick puts on the jersey at the draft on June 23rd. The new jersey sets will be modeled by the draftees.

Just dump the wordmark and I'll be happy.

LXErDlt.jpg

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Victor De Bonis has confirmed this multiple times during STH meetings that they will never change the Orca because there are fans now that have only known that logo. They want to build a legacy.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
Maybe they'll even do some small thing in marketing to honour twenty years of that logo and/or the longevity of the brand

vt89*

May 6, 2010
Good.

Stick and rink sucks. Johnny Canuck is an embarrassment. The skate logo is sweet but we ain't changing colors

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
I'm glad tbh. Lets actually stick with a logo for once.

If you get any more info on the new jerseys please share if you can, I'm a small time collector but I've heard the new Authentics will retail for $360 US!! I wonder if that will include customization or just blank.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Disappointing. Should have stuck with the original for eternity.

orlandkurtenbach.jpg

Look how good that looks, the sleeve design and lack of shoulder patches is beautiful. Nice, simple logo that pops too.

pat-quinn.jpg

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Victor De Bonis has confirmed this multiple times during STH meetings that they will never change the Orca because there are fans now that have only known that logo. They want to build a legacy.

Good. I am sick of change.

lawrence

May 19, 2012

Thanks for sharing!

Chubros

Dec 9, 2011
The whale is cursed by Mark Messier and John McCaw. It needs to die.

Also consider that the Hartford Whalers were cursed. And it's an indisputable fact that whalers dominate whales. Basically that means the orca is exponentially cursed: it is even dominated by something that is itself cursed.

This team can never and will never win with the whale. Kill it now. Kill it forever.

And it is not true that there are fans that only know the stank whale. They see stick in rink all the time as a third jersey. And anyway, why pander to the shortest tenured portion of the fanbase? This is in no way a dig at them, but they hardly know what it is to be a fan of the Canucks - they never suffered through the lean years when the team was a perennial loser. Now they're getting a taste many will probably hop off the bandwagon.

The whale must die.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
The whale is cursed by Mark Messier and John McCaw. It needs to die.

Also consider that the Hartford Whalers were cursed. And it's an indisputable fact that whalers dominate whales. Basically that means the orca is exponentially cursed: it is even dominated by something that is itself cursed.

This team can never and will never win with the whale. Kill it now. Kill it forever.

And it is not true that there are fans that only know the stank whale. They see stick in rink all the time as a third jersey. And anyway, why pander to the shortest tenured portion of the fanbase? This is in no way a dig at them, but they hardly know what it is to be a fan of the Canucks - they never suffered through the lean years when the team was a perennial loser. Now they're getting a taste many will probably hop off the bandwagon.

The whale must die.

By that logic every jersey and logo we have ever had is cursed. This franchise couldnt win on the winningest day of their life if they had an an electrifying winning machine

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
The stick in the rink is the only jersey we haven't has a heart-breaking finals loss in. Clearly it's the least cursed.

vt89*

May 6, 2010
The stick in the rink is the only jersey we haven't has a heart-breaking finals loss in. Clearly it's the least cursed.

There's a difference between a logo and a jersey

No heartbreaking finals loss in the navy blue orcas either

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Johnny Canuck looks like a minor league baseball or AHL team logo, way too cartoony. Save it for if we someday get a AHL affiliate over here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad